Weight Gain in Pregnancy...

Zoeox

Reaction score
Ok, so weighed myself for the first time tonight since I found out I was pregnant and went for my booking appt (29/07/11) I've put on 1st1lb, is this a lot or about average?
I feel like a heffa now :(
Only did out of curiosity... x

It depends on how much you weighed before, but 1st 1lb sounds quite little if you ask me! I've gained 20lbs so far myself, and am right on track, even a bit on the low side for my height and weight.

The WiiFit informed me I'm now Obese!
I'm 5ft7
x

The Wii fit don't know your pregnant so take no notice of that. I don't think that sounds like too much. Alot of it will go once baby, fluid and placentas out. Then there's your uterus aswell which adds a couple of pounds that accounts for a good percentage of that weight gain

Last edited:
That's very little hon and probably means all your weight has gone on your LO so I would actually be very happy with that. I've put on literally about double of that :/

Doesn't sound like a lot to me. I've gained 13kg and my baby is only 75% baked!

I'm gonna regret it afterwards I think!

i dont think thats alot.

Ive put on 1 stone exactly, i think the average is 2-2.5 stone, think there is a calculator on babycentre.com that lets you put in your details and it tells you how much you should roughly put on.

I have no idea what I weigh now. I'm still goin to slimming world and I know how much I put on each week but no idea what the total is! I'm not bothered about it. I lost 2 and a half stone before I got pg so I will lose it again once Pip is here. I've waited for so long to be pg I'm makin the most of it!

I'm surprised actually as I thought it would be more, as I don't exactly eat really healthy, although I know I should. :)
Going to diet when lo arrives though.
Looked on babycentre.co.uk it states I should put on about 1st1lb-1st11lb think this is because I was overweight to start with.
What a handy little website...
You:
Uterus1.3 lbs
Breasts0.6 lb
Blood1.7 lbs
Water2.3 lbs
Fat4.6 lbs
Subtotal10.5 lbs
Your baby:
Fetus7.5 lbs
Placenta0.9 lb
Amniotic Fluid1.1 lbs
Subtotal9.5 lbs
Total1 st 6.0 lbs

Last edited:
even the skinniest person would be "overweight" in the third trimester if you look at a normal weight graph!
I've read that if you are overweigh before getting pregnant you should gain about 1stone, ideal/healthy weight about 2 stone and underweight about 3 stone. At 5'7 the ideal weight is 121-160lbs. (So if you were just a bit over 160 I would think 1.5stone would be fine for instance etc.
Hope that was helpful!

I have no idea what I weigh now. I'm still goin to slimming world and I know how much I put on each week but no idea what the total is! I'm not bothered about it. I lost 2 and a half stone before I got pg so I will lose it again once Pip is here. I've waited for so long to be pg I'm makin the most of it!

I don't blame you, the only time you can be chubby and no-one moan :)
I'll be loosing mine hopefully when LO arrives. x

I'll be goin back on plan as soon as Pip is born. I get 6 weeks free then I have to pay :( I was happy at my target of 9 1/2 stone so I'm definately gettin back there. Need to fit back in all my new clothes I only fitted in for a month before I got pg!!

I was buying bigger sizes as started puttin on a bit before I realised actually I was pg, so got shifty of all my smaller clothes, so I doubt I'll have much to wear. I'm determined to loose weight by Xmas just hoping to do my own kinda weight loss at home x

I have gained 30lbs and still have three weeks. We get weighed at every appointment here and the doctor says I am right on track so not worried. Average weight gain should be between 25 and 35lbs, more if you are smaller and less if you are bigger.

The baby centre website tells me i should gain between 1st11lbs and 2st7lbs. still got 9 weeks left so plenty more pounds to go on!

I don't mind if I put on more than I'm meant too, it will all be coming off :)
I was only just slightly overweight when I last weighed myself so guess I'm not doing too bad, plus I know baby weighed 5lb7oz last monday so will be more now, xx

I dont think that is alot. I've put on nothing so far...not sure why, i supoose i eat abit less, but i still eat alot! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back