Weight gain - how much?

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if you could all tell me how much weight you have gained (if any) and your gestation.

I'm only asking as I've weighed myself and realised I'm the same as my pre pregnancy weight.

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. Any one else the same at this stage? Is it normal?

My bmi is around 27 so in the overweight category. I know this means I should gain less weight than others.

I haven't had bad sickness. Probably only vomited 8 times this pregnancy and my diet hasn't changed much. I can't eat big meals but I get hungry quicker.

Baby is growing great and is double the size she should be lol xx

18+3 pre pregnancy weight 13st 11lbs, weight now 12st 6 lbs, weight loss mainly due to hyperemesis however I don think losing that weight will do me or baby any harm, I will certainly be taking better care of myself after this baby than I did after my son, I only gained 13lbs with him but put on about another stone after with poor diet, I do t think I really started gaining any weight properly until abou 25 weeks from memory

I lost 1 stone when I found out I was pregnant (major diarrhoea lol) and I haven't put any of that back on so far and I'm 22w2d xxx

Hi my bmi was 23 before
I'm 21 w and gain 7 kg ( 15 ib)

Hiya. I haven't weighed myself since my midwife did at my booking in appointment..she said my BMI was 29 and said that if it was 30 then I would be in danger of diabetes etc. I know I am over weight to start with and tried loosing weight before I fell pregnant but I am 5ft 9 so I don't actually look like a size 14. I know I have put weight on but at the end of the day it's going to happen but I think as long as you have a good balanced diet and try to exercise then you should be fine xx

I am 22 week and gained 1stone 6 lb ������

Wow...
It looks like weight gain is different for everyone. Thank you all, I was unsure about what the norm was but apparently there isn't one haha
Xx

I'm 15 weeks and about +3lb. No sickness but can't manage big meals. I'm peckish all the time though! X

As long as you are not starving yourself and are doing your best to eat a balanced diet I wouldn't worry. I had severe sickness too and lost 2.5 stone in the 1st tri because of it. I am 17 weeks now and have put some of that back on but am still far from my pre-pregnancy weight. In my other pregnancies I gained much more rapidly at the end of tri 2 and beggining of tri 3.

Last edited:
Pre pregnancy I was 9stone 7..... Last week I was 8 stone 10 & 1/2.... I've now finally hit 9 stone exactly so no weight gain for me yet at 20 weeks x

I didn't weigh myself through pregnancy but the day before I had her they had to weigh me for the induction drugs and I had put on 11lb. I weighed myself a few days after and I was 4lb less than pre pregnancy. I eat crap and am slightly overweight so I made sure that I ate fruit/veg first then I found I couldn't eat much more as I didn't have room. I also had GD which forced me to not to eat my usual cakes/choc etc. So you don't have to put on.

Im 58kg and 21weeks and so far no weight gain.

I'm still suffering bad with sickness / nausea and can only stomach rubbish n bad stuff so not eating very healthy. if the sickness goes il need to be careful :)

But hopefully il be able to eat healthy again when feeling better.

It really is different for everyone, so don't worry ur not gaining enough or gaining too much. Baby will be getting everything they need and u can deal with any excess weight after the birth xxx

Thanks everyone. Tbh I'm
Not worrying too much but just thought I should have started gaining weight. I haven't had bad sickness or anything so there is no reason as to why I haven't gained weight. I imagine I will start putting on weight soon xc

I wouldn't worry if you're not gaining. Baby will take heat they want first and you'll have what's left :)

I've put on 1 stone 11lbs so far, I'm 33 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back