weight gain at thirty four weeks

abilouise

Reaction score
At my booking in appointment I was 53 kg now weighed myself today at thirty four weeks and one day and I am 71 kg. Is that a lot??? Icannot remember how much I put on with my son x

Thats about 2st 10lbs 11lbs...

Its about normal tbh hun.

I was 12st 2lbs ish before i got pregnant and im now 15st 9lbs!
3st 7lbs ish weight gain.. More than i wanted to gain tbh! Lol

But i wasnt overweight for my height (6ft) to begin with so i had a few stone to play with before it got a bit silly. Hoping not many more pounds will be added before i pop!

I think thats about normal. Ive put on 7kg which is about 1 stone 2 and I am 33 + 3. But I think thats cause I weighed more to start with xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Everyone seems to be very different hun, so I wouldn't worry. As long as you're eating all the food groups for baby then don't panic about weight gain xx

To me that sounds like a lot.mostly 10 kilos is approxemately baby, blood increase, uterus growth, placenta, extra fluid, some extra kilos are for breast feeding. I lost ten kilos with both kids (in a few weeks). First time I gained 21 kilos and ended up with 11 kilos of just plain fat.

That being said some women do have more fluid retention and if you were to breastfeed exclusively for over a year then the kilos will melt away. Ifyou don't I wouldn't personally be happy with anyweight over 12 kilos.

I think that is nearly 3 stone which I would have to say is quite a lot, sorry! I've put on about a stone and half which is around 10kgs.
Everyone is different though and you could have more fluid etc than others, I'm sure your mw can reassure you if you're concerned it's too much ;)

Some women put on a stone, others put on 4 or 5. It's not a lot, 2-3 stone is perfectly normal & will be easy to lose afterwards, just count your calories & make sure you do as much cardio as you can fit in. I know plenty of women who've put on 3-4 stone & are now back to their size 10 selves within a few months so don't stress, easier said than done though I know!x

Some women put on a stone, others put on 4 or 5. It's not a lot, 2-3 stone is perfectly normal & will be easy to lose afterwards, just count your calories & make sure you do as much cardio as you can fit in. I know plenty of women who've put on 3-4 stone & are now back to their size 10 selves within a few months so don't stress, easier said than done though I know!x

I just want to say that is was super hard for me to loose all the unnecessary fat from my first pregnancy. It was a lot to lose and also completely ruined my confidence. If you gain a lot and only eating healthy and exercising perhaps then you do not gain fat but if ot is pure fat you cannot say it is easy to loose it also depends on many many factors.

Perhaps monitoring the weight by eating small nutricious meals frequently and moderate exercise during pregnancy is also a good idea. I took my first pregnancy as a chance to eat whatecer and whenever i wanted to. I totally pigged out and paid te prize :( still haven't lost all of these kilos (and almost four years later).

My sil swelled up like a balloon and put on 3.5 stone and she was size 8/10 before. BUT even though she couldn't breastfeed due to medical problems the weight has dropped off and she weighs a little less than when she started now! So we are all different. If you're eating chocolate all the live long day though you KNOW that it's not a good idea.
Xx

I lost all the weight I put on when I was pregnant with my son afterwards fine and was tiny again when I got pregnant this time,and I am determined to do excerise when she is here and go running again and think I will be fine. Plus I will be running around afterr my son who is two next month as well as looking after lily x

I only managed to breastfeed for six weeks with my son and weight came off fine x

I've lost 4.5 stone before & as long as you count calories & exercise it comes off. I went from a size 16 to an 8 in 8 months & have kept it off. I'm 26 weeks now & have put on just over 2 stone, if I put on 3 I won't worry as I know I can lose it again easily. It just takes hard work & willpower!x

Exactly, you can always loose the weight after if you really want to. I wouldn't worry too much, weight gain in pregnancy is to be expected!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back