Weight gain after the pill

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by purplepebbles, Jun 30, 2013.

1. purplepebbles

purplepebbles Well-Known Member

Since I stopped the pill I've gained nearly half a stone in weight. I've lost a total of 5 stone on the rosemary Conley diet before I stopped the pill and have maintained it since I met my target nearly 5 years ago.

I've not changed my eating or exercise habits as its what I've been following for the past few years and it's annoying that I cannot seem to lose weight as easily as I used to. The only thing I can put it down to is coming off the pill as its the only thing that has changed in the past year.

Has anyone else experienced this?x

2. misssparkles

misssparkles Well-Known Member

I came.of.the depo last year and I went from 8 stone too 9 .3 stone nothing really changed x

3. purplepebbles

Glad it's not just me then! I've not changed any eating habits, in fact I probably do more exercise and eat a bit better to try and shift it! Its the only thing I can put it down to!

I've been following the diet for over 5 years so know what I'm doing. I'd understand if I'd only just starting doing it when I stopped the pill but it's my way of eating now xx

4. iWitch

iWitch Well-Known Member

This happened to me also! I never linked the 2 at first because I was told so many times with pull you can easily gain weight. Stopped my pill in Aug and gained a stone and I was struggling to shift it

5. purplepebbles

Well I never thought about it at first but the only thing that's changed in the past year is coming off the pill and moving offices. I walk up and down 100 or so steps twice a day to the office, so over 400 in total plus extra exercise yet nothing! :(