weight during pregnancy

adele88

Reaction score
Right so am a size 8 just now and want to get back into a size 8 after i give birth.

The now i have cut all my junk food out eg burgers etc although i still enjoy a packet of crisps here and there and some chocolate lol. I have ceral or toast in the morning then i have my dinner at night which is normally something quite healthy. The only thing i am lacking in is my fruit which am going to start eating more of. I go for a walk one day a week for roughly an hour or 2, and swimming one day a week.

Does everyone think am doing ok and wont put to much weight on???
ps can you still have the odd packet of crisps here and there.

It's fine still to have the odd packet of crisps! Are you eating lunch? To be honest I would just focus on eating a healthy and balanced diet while you're pregnant - any weight gain is likely to be baby + water anyway, and it's important not to diet while you're pregnant if you're already at your ideal weight :)

Completely agree with Sams mum. It's much more important to eat healthy, balanced diet for bubba. I was size 10 before got pregnant with DD, ate well throughout, put weight on but when I had her I fit straight back into pre pregnancy clothes. I'm not bothered this time, I'm focussing on getting lots of fruit and veg and protein as well as calcium and my folic acid.

If you were eating burgers and crisps and chocolate befroe you were pregnant and still size 8 sounds like you must have a very active lifestyle! I wouldnt worry too much about it, a lot of people find that after the baby is born they bounce back quickly enough. Its so important that you dont lose weight, I was researching it on google and read some really scary stuff about the effects of mum losing weight on the baby, its not so important in the first trimester but in the 2nd or 3rd trimester weight loss is really dangerous for the baby. If I were you I would focus on eating healthy, increase fruit and veg, dont worry about eating crisps as long as you're not having 5 packets a day, Im sure its fine, everything in moderation. The ideal exercise is walking and swimming aparently so you're doing fine! Dont skip lunch, you'll end up fainting! Your baby needs a constant flow of nutrients, its better to eat little and often through the day, and having an empty stomach can make morning sickness worse anyway, so dont suffer unneccessarily!

I know how it feels to be worry about weight, I have battled with my weight for most of my teenage/adult life. I hate it and really want to diet right now so I have to keep reminding myself that my little one needs me to be healthy right now.

I'm concerned about weight gain as well - I am getting married a month after my due date so a bit worried about fitting my dress even though I have ordered a bigger size than I am now (apparently it's easier to take clothes in than let them out). I am eating healthily, can't even look at chocolate or greasy food at the minute so thats OK, I have a dog so take her out for plenty of walks so exercise should be covered. Lots of people have said they fit straight back into their clothes - was this immediate, a week later, a few days?

thanks for the replies all really helpful, yeah am going to focus on eating more fruit and veg and try eating lunch too because somedays i do feel a little sick and faint prob because i aint eating enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back