weigh in, hv and weaning!

Hope81

Reaction score
so she didnt drop any more centiles (we had a problem with that before) BUT i just found out today that the norwegian plan of weaning starts actually at 4 m and not at 6 m!!!!!

i dont really mind as its only baby rice,porridge vegetables and fruit until 6 m anyway BUT Amelie has none of it! she will not open her mouth for the spoon whatsoever!

she is not ready for finger food either as she cant really pick and put in her mouth accurate yet.

so as the hv was a little worried that she wouldnt take the spoon at all i have to go again next week to see if there is any improvement at all.

heeeeeh! until now i thought they are pestering me because of the drop in the centiles i didnt actually realise that weaning here actually starts at 4 months with tastes from 14 weeks.

they want her at 2 meals per day (extra meals not to replace milk just fillers for now and to replace the milk at 20 weeks when it will be milk-meal-milk-meal-milk)

talk about stressing now as she will not open her mouth for the spoon lol...

i suppose next week i am gonna tell the hv that we will have to wait until she actually wants food. i mean she dosent even drink her milk i dont see her wanting food either any day soon lol :(

also when can they actually pick things ok and start putting them in their mouth more accurate? maybe i cna start directly with finger food even if she is not 6 m.

i think i saw people here starting blw at 4m 1/2 and 5 m!

i asked what the hurry is with weaning and got told because of the extra need of vitamin d and A etc becasue we live in norway, weanign here starts earlier to rush with the nutritients a little so all the baby rice here is fortified with whatever extra the babies need at that age :roll::shock:

Sounds very stressful Hun!!!

We started blw at 4 1/2 months although he didn't eat a lot so we tried tw as well. By 5 1/2 months he could pick up most foods to feed himself and he can now feed himself with a spoon as long as I put food on it and hand it to him.

Maybe just offer tastes on your finger for her until you get the reaction you need from her.
B was never fussed on his milk but now he eats 3 meals a day and has 3 bottles plus one at night. Just start slowly, you'll be surprised how quickly her appetite will increase x

I'm looking forward to weaning now so that hopefully Aaron can gain some weight.

He is showing absolutely no signs of beig ready yet though!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

we can get free vitamin drops to help with supplements of vit d, if that their main concern can you not get some of those?

Dysco she is already on those vitamins so confused.com
Well I will try every day without forcing her and that's all I can do anyway. One day she will eat lol. Until then I will eat many yummy purees that she will leave untouched lol.
I offer her finger food every day in from of her (mostly to play I am very aware that she will not eat)
Thankfully she sits quite ok and almost unaided so not its only up to her to decide that she wants food I suppose????

It will be really messy but have you tried sitting her in the high chair with some purée or something and letting her eat it with her hands she might enjoy it and be more open to spoon feeding?

Hmmm no! That I dint try!!! I wonder if she will even go for them but I suppose we will see lol! maybe tomorrow before bath :lol:

Yeah and in just a nappy. I haven't tried it but figured she will touch it then put her hands in her mouth so she might get a taste.

It will be really messy but have you tried sitting her in the high chair with some purée or something and letting her eat it with her hands she might enjoy it and be more open to spoon feeding?

I do this with my LO. He gets a spoon, I get a spoon and he dips his fingers in. It's messy.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back