Weeks? Months? Trimesters? Help!

tmesis

Reaction score
I'm nearly 25 weeks in and I've just realised I have no idea how much longer I'll be in this trimester. Some sites say the 2nd trimester is weeks 13 - 26 and some say it's 13 - 28. So do we move over in week 27 or week 29 or somewhere in-between? Also, most people I know refer to the 20 week scan as the 5 month scan, because there's more or less 4 weeks in a month and 4 * 5 = 20. But 5 weeks on I'm still only 5 months pregnant - I don't reach six months until week 26 (because there's really 4.4 weeks in a month; 52 weeks in 12 months = 26 weeks in 6). But if 26 weeks = 6 months, shouldn't that be the start of the third trimester? Argh. My brain hurts. Month 5 has been the longest month ever. Edit: Just noticed this site says it's 13 - 26 and 27 - birth. I'll go with that.

Last edited:
It is confusing lol!

Tri 3 begins from 27 weeks which makes each tri roughly 13 weeks. which only adds up to 39 weeks lol.

Pregnancy is always counted in weeks, you'll find that 28 weeks doesn't exactly equal 7 months as most months are slightly longer than 4 weeks!

xxxxxxxxx

It's all very confusing, just do what I did and tri hop lol! I eventually went with the dates set out in this forum, but to be honest nobody really minds where you post anyway, we all go from section to section and no-one takes any notice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back