Weekends?!

bhe101

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

What have you guys been doing at the weekends since youve fallen pregnant??
Im not really missing drink all that much but do miss getting glamed up for a night out, its not the same when you dont really have anywhere to go!! :lol:
Weve got a babysitter for the first time in months but so far I cant really think of much I could actually be bothered doing!
Iv got a feeling its just gonna be another dvd and takeaway night!!

We didn't have a particularly hectic lifestyle even before the pregnancy.

Friday night we tend to stay in and watch a DVD (we're with Lovefilm so we get new ones sent every week) and eat junk and chat. For me it's a schoolnight because I teach on a Saturday :evil:

Saturday we usually go out and see friends - but we now limit ourselves to within 1 hour's drive cos any more is too much for me really. I make sure I put on make-up just so that I still feel I'm making the effort. I might even take a new bump picture tomorrow!!!! :cheer:

Does your little girl mind having the babysitter? I suppose I've got all of this to look forward to... :rotfl:

Could you not go for a nice meal somewhere? It'd probably be nice to just to go out somewhere, anywhere, and get away for a bit. Other than that i don't know what to suggest! My weekends are pretty dull normally.lol

I don't do much at the weekends tbh

Friday night I do swimming lessons, sat I do swimming lessons and sun I do a few swimming lessons.

So I am shattered half the time plus I teach during the week and that kills me too. Sunday I normally do stuff for school.

Exciting stuff :lol:

My weekends are as dull as anything Saturday night usually involves watching casualty and sundays i do the ironing and now dancing on ice is back on im happy :D

Im so boring :doh:

We never went out much on a saturday night before anyway, only for a meal every now and then.
We belong to lovefilm too :D But OH is always requesting games :roll:

My life is totally different now Im preggo! Wknds weren't hectic as such but they definately involved the pub, drinking and very late nights.

Now...on a Friday Il go to the library and get 3 for 2 on DVD's - 3 for a fiver!! bargain and we get to keep them all wknd. Il cook a nice dinner for when OH comes over.

Sat is naughty day....I go shopping into town, go to the bakery and get fresh rolls, bread and cakes, magazines/papers etc. Make a nice lunch, put my feet up then in the evening we'll have a takeaway and snuggle with a DVD or 2

Sunday I sometimes do a roast but OH usually goes home so its washing/ironing day for me and I sometimes pop to my Dads for lunch.

LOL - I got myself a nice little routine there havent I :rotfl: it will all change once bubs is here but it suits me for now. Im easily pleased.

I work all weekend, so that kidna puts a downer on any fun! I've been goin to the pub a little but i've gotta be home quite early for work the next day, i live really close but i'm always late cos i just cant ever find anything to wear. I'm back to uni next week as well so wont have any days off to relax in the week either :(
Clare x

Im reallllllllly boring :rotfl:

cos we already have a 6 year old we tend not to go out pubbing as such.friday daytime i clean out fishtanks,rabbit,hamster etc weekends we sometimes pop out for a meal in a family friendly pub.one near us has a 'wacky warehouse' for kiara to play in and they do 2 main meals for a tenner on afriday :D
saturdays we usually have family time so we either all go out for the day maybe park or further afield or we play games,cinema or whatever.if OH is working then i tend to do stuff with kiara til he gets home.in the evening we watch tv together and either i cook orwe get takeaway.
sundays if OH isnt working we all go on a long dog walk after brekkie then he amuses kiara while i iron n stuff.i always cook a roast dinner on a sunday :D sunday night is homework night. and then were back round to monday and the school runs etc etc etc.
see booooooooriing

at weekends i go to the football if they have a game and still go to the pub with my mates b4 footy i just dont drink, i quite enjoy saving the money tbh

with the other half we usually go shoppin in the day or 4 walks and at night get a dvd, take away or if im not 2 tired we go 4 a nice meal

Debecca- Its only ever my parents or ohs that take her so she loves it!! I think its cos she knows she's gonna get spoiled rotten though!!
She has clothes and toys and other bits and peices at ther houses so its all very familiar to her.

Oh has suggested bowling and maybe some pool so think il give it a go, havnt done anything like that in years!
Then after a takeaway and dvd of my choce!! Iv already been warned no chickflicks though!

I rest all weekend in order to have the energy to teach all week :roll: The ballet is on today and tomorrow at the theatre and I would LOVE to get dressed up, go for a nice meal then go to the ballet. Instead I will go to bed and read a book :(
I dreamt that I drank a bottle of beer last night :D I'd love to go out for a few pints.
But at least this prepares me for parent hood when I won't get to do these things that often anyway :) And I don't think OH would have liked the suggestion about going to the ballet :rotfl:

bhe101 i thought about bowling, do you think it would be safe?

I think so.
Will go for the smallest ball, just have to hope my fingers dont get stuck in it!! :lol:

I went out last night with 3 of my mates
we had a right good natter 2 of them have children already so shared funny and not so funny pregnancy symptoms. :D
It was lovely to go out for a few hours. :D
Im hoping James will take me out tonight but i wouldnt hold my breath :roll:
Id love to go an see the movie PS I LOVE YOU but id never get James to see such 'yuck slush' :x :lol:
He wonts to go to the movies and see 'I am legend' beacuse there is nothing else on he likes :roll:
I wont to go just for the POPCORN yummy :oops:
J mes is off agin looking at a car to buy. the ill go in to town and a buy that babybook ive had my eye on. :D
Tommorow when James leaves i'll be doung paper work i have to get the kids development folders up to date for open evening :( :(

sounds like uve got a great wk end planned sarah, remeber not 2 over do it tho hun :hug:

was a bad mummy last night :oops:
James went to his friends house for tea last night and we went round to pick him up at 6pm, and have a coffee with his friends parents.
We ended up losing track of time and talking with the parents till 2am!! James fell asleep on the sofa!

muppetmummy said:
was a bad mummy last night :oops:
James went to his friends house for tea last night and we went round to pick him up at 6pm, and have a coffee with his friends parents.
We ended up losing track of time and talking with the parents till 2am!! James fell asleep on the sofa!

You wild child :rotfl: The best evenings are always those which are never planned, glad you had fun though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back