Week late for period after miscarriage.

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by littlepicklex, Jun 17, 2013.

1. littlepicklex

littlepicklex New Member

A few months ago, i took two cheap pregnancy tests that came out negative, i then took a third clear blue test which told me i was, infact, pregnant. But, when it came to my 12 week scan, there was nothing there. The doctor diagnosed it as an early miscarriage and so, i waited until my next period before we started trying again. My last period started May 12th and, obviously now i'm a week and a day late for my next one. I have so far, taken three tests, some might've been too early but, all of which have, again been cheap and come out negative. I feel like pregnancy tests don't work for me, at least the cheap ones and i don't trust the more expensive ones either.
    So, i have several questions.

How long do i wait to go to the doctor?
    and will a blood test be right?
    Even though i feel i have symptoms, could it just be wishful thinking?
    Does a miscarriage (no bleeding) mean that my cycle is messed up and it's possible that although i used to be perfectly regular and on time, i now could be over a week late? ~

Blach, help.

*Ps. --- This would be my first pregnancy. It's not been brilliant at all. :/

2. iWitch

iWitch Well-Known Member

Hey Hun, First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. 2nd, I can't really comment on mc but I would personally book into docs immediately. They may fob you off but just be firm and tell them you want a blood test to confirm xx

3. jojo3972

jojo3972 Well-Known Member

Hi can I ask did u bleed after ur poss test ? I don't quite understand cos u say u gt 2 negatives then a clear blue possitive then went to a 12 week scan and nothing was there ? , just a tad confused , xx

4. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help but my miscarriages messed my periods up and with my last miscarriage it took 7 weeks for me to get my AF so you might not be late just your periods are messed up? I don't know but in my case it was. Hope you get some answers sorry for your loss xx

5. littlepicklex

littlepicklex New Member

I had a period 2 weeks after the date of my twelve week scan. My body had carried on as though i was still pregnant so we didn't know i had miscarried until we turned up to the scan and there was no baby on screen.
    The doctor thinks i had misarriaged at about 6 weeks which is why i didn't bleed with my miscarriage.

---------------------
    Since my last period on May 12th, i still have not bled, i have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all have been negative but, i don't know whether to trust this because with my last pregnancy, like i said, i had 3 negative tests and a positive.