Weddings

FBTTN8079

Reaction score
Hi all

Ok so oh and I are to be married next year, we don't have any children yet and most of our friends have said they won't be bringing their little ones, our family kids are coming but we have decided to not have children due to size of ceremony and costing x

Is there any nice words or saying that we can say it? Most of our friends that have little ones have said that they would leave them with grandparents so they can relax and have a night off x

BabyDust *****

I put on my wedding invites "an adult reception ".and everyone knew not to bring their kids. Also if you don't put the kids name on the invite they tend to know They're not invited x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Thanks Hun that's a good idea

I know that my really good friends are fab about it & have already said they want a night off its the ones that I feel will rock the boat a little xx

BabyDust *****

It's hard as some people won't be comfortable coming without their children but it is your day and needs to be what u want. Maybe with regret no children?

If I was invited to a wedding and it was made clear that my children weren't invited I would more than likely be offended and politely decline. Obviously that's me and I'm sure most will be fine x

tapatalkin

I've been invited to a wedding where my lo isn't invited. My oh was a bit put out till I explained that the couple haven't got their own kids so why would they want them at their wedding? Only their godchildren are invited.

It's not that we want to cause any offence, it's on a Friday anyway which means kids will have to be pulled out of school, we have five nieces and nephews between us which are all in the wedding and my friend will bring her two as I know for a fact she will have no one to babysit x

And we've invited the children to the evening with the grandparents / older siblings its just the daytime that we will need to limit the numbers xxx

BabyDust *****

We took our lo to oh cousins wedding last September. He completely ruined their service running up and down the aisle making a racket. In the end I had to take him outside.
If I got married I don't think I'd want kids there apart from my own and very close family.

We didn't state implicitly no kids but we only put the adults names on the invites. Over 5s had to pay full price so we couldn't afford to have all the kids. Children under 1 were free so that was fine.

We only had very close children to the whole day, we have a huge extended family so inviting all the kids (most of who I've never met and the kids certainly wouldn't care if they were there or not!) Wasn't an option. Plus like yours, it was on a Friday so they would have had to have been taken out of school.

If they are close to you, they should be able to open up a discussion if they are upset and you can explain your reasons. If they just decline on that reason only, without discussing it with you, then your wedding can't be that important to them, that was our reasoning!

We actually found that despite us telling our friends they could bring their little ones, most of them didn't want to.

Good luck!

Xx

Don't take this the wrong way but no matter what you do, someone will be offended or feel wronged in someway - families/friends just don't seem to be able to help themselves when it comes to a wedding (and I'm pretty sure it's more to do with the paid for fancy meal half the time otherwise they'd settle for the party afterwards!) they seem to forget the one thing that you and your OH must hold on to. IT'S YOUR DAY. Do not let anyone dictate it or spoil it.

My dad complained because I hadn't invited his brothers/ sisters a unfortunately I have a massive family and there's 10cousins from my aunts & uncles, & they all have 2-3 kids each! I had a hard time figuring where to draw the line. My dad nagged for weeks for me to let my uncle come and I refused, the day before the wedding (after I'd finalised figures with the venue) my aunt sent a very short message via Facebook saying they couldn't make the evening reception as it was too far away! Glad I didn't listen to my dad & invite them to the whole do!! Really tho they had face on because they didn't get invited to the day do xx

just dont put their names on the invite hun. Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

No offence taken, it's true some people love a wedding drama and I do think that the ones that are your true friends always understand decisions you make x

BabyDust *****

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back