Weddings abroad??

KellyHook

Reaction score
Ok so we planned to get married in the uk next year, OH comes home with a wedding brochure for weddings abroad... Now I was looking at some of the prices. How does it work, do you book a holiday and then add the wedding package price on top, does your hotel get included in the price, just flights etc to buy??? Can Any one help lol!

Hi we had our wedding in Australia, we bought hotels and flights separately and then had to add the wedding package on top of that x

Most travel agents do special wedding packages... If you knew where you wanted to go, you should maybe go in and speak to someone to get the cost because its all dependant on stuff you choose. My friends sister got married in the Dominican Republic and they sorted everything. Flowers, photographer, meals, ceremony, accommodation, hairdresser, make up, drinks package. Etc...xx

Most travel agents do special wedding packages... If you knew where you wanted to go, you should maybe go in and speak to someone to get the cost because its all dependant on stuff you choose. My friends sister got married in the Dominican Republic and they sorted everything. Flowers, photographer, meals, ceremony, accommodation, hairdresser, make up, drinks package. Etc...xx

Wss Hun xx

I got married abroad. We booked everything separate, although I did start organising it through a travel agent company over here but they were so useless I found someone based in the area we were going to do it.
It was amazing and couldn't fault any of it.
The only thing I will mention is look into the paperwork side of getting married abroad. Ours was complicated as my husbands birth certificate wasn't in English so we had to get official translation which meant going to a consulate on London. We also had to do our declaration of no impediment over here and then once in Turkey we had to spend a day travelling to various places to get all the right documentation. But it was simple to do as the wedding organisers sorted it all and we had a translator to help.
Sorry I'm waffling!

We got married abroad- in Sri Lanka where both hubby and I are from. We booked everything separately too as wanted to have a church wedding.

We had our registry over here to get around all the legalities as I was too much of a faff!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back