Wedding Rings

Redhead

Reaction score
I have just managed to get my engagement ring off (dental floss method), it was always pretty snug and I have unfortunately put on a bit of weight since getting engaged.
I knew it was a good idea to get it off now before it gets hot and I begin to swell up in pregnancy (currently 20 weeks pregnant) I'm hoping that once my finger calms down that my wedding ring is safe to keep on (it's bigger) but I'm worried that might have to come off too.
I hate the idea of not having my rings on :(

I admitted defeat yesterday after struggling to get both rings off due to swelling. They are now safely packed away until after the birth. I hate not wearing them too! Feels a bit naked lol!
I had exactly the same with my DS.
x

Isn't it strange how just a piece of metal can mean so much. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see how my finger is before checking the wedding ring as my finger is swollen and pretty sore right now, but I have a feeling that I may need to give up on that one too.

They really are sentimental. The diamond fell out of my ring the other week. I only realised after I had a bath and put the washing machine on. It either went down the plug hole or down one of those holes in the washer. 8 Years I had that ring & unfortunately cannot find paperwork since moving to be able to claim on contents insurance x

My wedding ring and engagement ring are lose at times but with my son by the time I got to about 36 weeks they had to come off they were just far too tight. They were fitting fine one week after he was born it was just fluid and swelling

My fingers swell when I'm really warm at the moment so I just wear my rings on a necklace around my neck. I like to still wear them! :)

I managed to get my engagement ring off but failed miserably getting my wedding ring off. It was so uncomfortable and starting to cut my finger so I had to get it cut off :-( and it happened to be my wedding anniversary the same day :cry:
I'm now wearing my husbands wedding ring as he doesn't wear it anyway!

Last edited:
I gained weight about 6 months ago so by the time I was about 10 weeks pregnant my rings felt tight. I had them stretched & I'm really pleased with the result. Hopefully it will see me through most of the pregnancy. X

I took mine off at 20 weeks last time and didn't get them back on until 3 months after birth. My OH bought me a swarovski ring I'd been eyeing up to wear whilst swollen :) was gutted but definitely felt better having something on there.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back