Wedding Issues... (not with OH though)

Tineke

Reaction score
My situation right now is as follows:

My fiance and I are planning on getting married and were considering doing this before the babby arrived.

My mum put this idea in our heads that we should get married before the baby arrives and while everyone is going to be in Australia for Xmas, giving us only a window of a few days before New Years to get married and the babby will be due on the 6th January.

It would be fantastic for all the family to be here for the wedding but I keep having thoughts of the day just not being completely perfect (in my eyes) because I am Sooooooooooo far along and and wanting to make the pkans for the wedding for after the baby arrives. Even if it were a few weeks. My mum's concern will be that she will want to be in Australia for the wedding and she is only due to be here until the end of Feb. That still levaes plenty of time.

Meaninng
NO RUSHING
NO BIG FAT PREGNANCY PHOTOS I would have to get a dress made to fit me and I am thinkning it will not look too wonderful....
No wondering "Will the baby come today?" in the middle of our ceremony.
and the baby will be able to be part of the wedding when they arrive.

I have booked the Winery (Dec 30th) for 6 pm
I have a meeting with the decorators tomorrow at 12:30 and I just want to do this right, and have wedding pictures I can be proud of showing and I don't think I would be all too happy showing pictures of me being pregnant to 39 weeks and waddling to my life long partner to be....

What do you guys think? We dont need to rush this do we???? Does it really need to happen before the baby arrives?

Need advice!!! Time is going sooooo fast now....

oxox Tineke

Hi Tineke

It's entirely up to you and hubby.

Layla only got married a few weeks ago and she looked fantastic. admittingly she wasnt as far as you.

but me personally, i am the size of a hippo, i would want to wait until afterwards, but it is yours and future hubby's decision.

x

hi,

i was in a silmar suitation to you, i got married a few weeks ago (12th november)

we was going to leave it till november next year and have the baby there, but then we deicded that after the baby comes we prob wouldnt be able to afford it as all our money would go in to the kids and house.

i had a big pregnant belly for my photos but i was proud to show off my bump, and my dress was fitting in a way that flattered me so i didnt look like a whale (at least i didnt think i did lol)

at the end of the day, this is your day, make sure you have it the way you want, even if that means waiting a while so you can plan the perfect day.

good luck with it all, i hope you have a great time, dont get to stressed arranging everything! :)

xx

I got married a year ago - it wasn't the same as you because I wasn't expecting at the time - but honey, the day is all about you - you defo don't want any other worries on that day. Worrying about how you look or if the baby will come seem to me to be fairly big worries.

Mind you, any pregnant brides that I have seen looked fantastic, and so sweet. It's a beautiful thing, the thought of new life being born and also two people pledging their lives at the same time.

You COULD do the wedding now and get the union blessed when there is more time and you are back to your pre-bump figure. Of you COULD do what my first cousin and her hubby did, which was have a small family wedding - direct kin only on both sides with about 30 guests, and hold the wedding on baby's first birthday. That worked out wonderfully for them and they didn't spend too much either. PLUS they had the cutest little page-boy on the day - he was dressed in a little waistcoat, trousers and dickie bow....adorable.

OR do the wedding and the christening together?

Sorry for gushing...

Sue

Thanks girls!

I really like the idea of having thw wedding and the Christening together. WOW I am sooo glad I posted this now.

I have been redaing your responses to my partner and he loves the fact that there is a site like this for us girls to talk on and work out these types of things.... OWW life!!

Layla, I imagine you would have looked amazing on your wedding day, one of my biggest problems is like you said, the dress... I would not be able to have 'the perfect dress' (my dress) with me being sooo large by the (week39) as there is nobody here in this town who could make one (I asked around all afternoon). The closest place is the city and I am now over being able to fly there. I could but would not want to risk it, you know!!

I really love the idea about bringing both special occassions together Sue!!

You all have my brain working over time, and it's almost bed time, will I be able to sleep?? LOL Almost 10pm here now!

Plus our anniversary is on the 16th of the month and we would love to wed on that special day. So maybe Jan or Feb. We have to really think here hey!!

thanks for your replys oxoxox Tineke

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back