Wedding gift ideas

El1en

Reaction score
Hi all, can any one suggest any nice but not too expensive wedding gifts?

Bit of background, my oh and I have been invited to an evening reception (evening only) which is an hour away. These are friends of ours but not super close friends.

I am not attending as I have another do on. Generally if I go to a wedding all day I give cash of £100 however I know if I left it to my oh he'd go to this reception empty handed and wouldn't be bothered. Money is a little tight right now and with two more wedding this summer of very close friends and family where we are going all day I need to save money for those occasions

So while I would like to send oh with a gift Instead of cash I'm a bit stuck

Any thoughtful ideas?

Its my second wedding anniversary on Tuesday and since its 'cotton' I bought my husband a pair of pillow cases with Mr T on his and Mrs T on mine and the date with a short message embroidered on. Its something which is thoughtful, costs about £20 and practical so for me its a win-win. Would they like something like that? I love going on ebay and getting gifts personalized there, so many options

Thanks for that I'll have a little look on eBay and see what there is

Hope you find something good, I am all for sentimental things. My chief bridesmaid got us a wooden gift with our date of wedding on and 3 hearts on one with my husbands name, one for my name and one to say it was from her, it was lovely

For a wedding gift, I always prefer to purchase a gift certificate from a department stores ( they are free to choose and consume the amount of the gift cheque) or a hotel voucher that the newly wed can use for their holiday destinations or even on their honeymoon.

eBay have loads of lovely personalised items! I LOVE those and know I really like our personalised items from our wedding day

The best gift for wedding is Wedding Caricature! It's funny and unforgettable. Portrait of the couple will be forever on their wall) By the way I was looking for such a website where I can order such a cartoon online and that what I found: Photolamus. I'll order cartoon of my friends here soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back