Wedding Attire

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Holizabeth90, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Holizabeth90

Holizabeth90 Well-Known Member

I have a wedding on 10th August, by which time I will be 32 weeks! I am already huge and trying to find something acceptable to wear.

Any thoughts on this? Any other suggestions would be appreciated! I want my chunky bingo wings covered!!! xx

Attached Files:

2. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

Personally (and please don't be offended!) I don't like it. I think it would swamp even the most petite lady and combined with a bump you risk making yourself look huge! What size ru normally?

However, it does look very cool and comfortable! H&M often do some lovely maternity stuff that will compliment bump, although I don't know what they have in their current range.

You may be suprised what regular stuff u can buy which still looks lovely over a bump. I'm still in a lot of non mat stuff, esp dresses.

Good luck hun

Xx

3. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

^^^wss - I'm afraid I agree I think it would make even the smallest lady look huge, never mind what it would do to a bump. Sorry.

Xxx

4. Holizabeth90

Is there anywhere I can buy something that will hide my arms? I'm struggling because it's summer!!! :( xxx

5. kara2868

kara2868 Well-Known Member

6. Holizabeth90

Oooooooooooo Kara that's lovely!!!

7. LynseyM

LynseyM Well-Known Member

sorry i have to agree i dont think it would compliment most...i am however loving the dress in the link sent by kara. good luck...i have avoided going to any special events and i live in the same 3 outfits the last few months!! xx

8. kara2868

kara2868 Well-Known Member

Asos are pretty good for maternity, the tend to have more that cover your arms too x

9. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

I think New look maternity dresses are so lovely and a lot of them have three quarter arms which are so nice looking x

10. katyloumc

katyloumc Well-Known Member

How about a maxi dress with a shawl? I bought a lovely maternity one to a wedding a few weeks ago and I felt extremely comfy in it all day it was lovely and cool. But i've just looked and they've sold out of the one I got. Good luck I know its a nightmare !!

11. Paddles

Paddles Well-Known Member

New look do really nice dresses. Bought a lovely lace one which had 3/4 length arms. Was fitted but very flattening. I think it's nice to show off your bump. Embrace it while you can I say.

12. Gemsy

Gemsy Well-Known Member

My friends run a maternity hire company, and they have some lovely dresses for hire if you want to treat yourself to something a bit more special but without the giant price tag! Their website is www.hireexpectations.co.uk