Web so you give fruit?

Hope81

Reaction score
I was wondering if to give fruit a little after every meal or to limit fruit just at breakfast?
Some say that fruits are not quite ideal before bed because probably of all the sugar in them.
So when so you give them fruit? Is it a meal, a snack between meals or after meal like dessert?

Ah... your autocorrect is having fun there :) I give fruit at the end of nearly every meal, but only a little. It doesn't seem to bother Tilly at all. I don't give her other desserts apart from the odd bit of yoghurt with fruit. I'm sure other people do things differently, though xxx

It's Amelie that was having fun lol sorry for that I will correct it when I get to the pc lol.
I can try after every meal and see how it goes?

Haha. Clever girl.

Yeah, try it every meal if you like. Maybe go easy on the really acidic or sweet things. I have given T things like pineapple, but I think it was a bit harsh. I don't give a lot of banana, partly because it stains her clothes so much, but because it's very sweet. She adores ripe pears, cooked apples, melon of any sort, plums, oranges...

Eventually I might start only giving fruit a couple of times a day as a snack or a dessert, but at the moment, Tilly loves fruit so much that I give some to her just to get her to eat something sometimes. Otherwise she might just push the food around and play with it and not eat it. Fruit she will ALWAYS eat and it makes her happy.
xxx

Yep Amelie enjoys fruits too :love: but because she is not a big fun of eating generally I want to avoid to actually give her only what he likes as then we will have a problem.
I am introducing fruits quite slowly due to allergies in the family so she didn't try a great deal yet.
This week I am planning on kiwi but I doubt she can gum it as its too slippery that slippery that I couldn't even probably hold it for her to eat it lol. I think I will purée that one.
Karen is the fried apple that you give tilly less breakable in pieces than the raw one?
I gave Amelie a raw one but took it away from her as it looked a pretty big choke hazard. Big pieces breaking that because of the big irregular shape she couldn't gum it, couldnt spit it out and was trying to swallow it :faint:

Hi hun,

Raw apples are one of the bigger choking hazards, so I only give it to Tilly cooked. It is much softer and it falls apart, but into nice soft lumps that she manages very easily. The only thing you have to watch out for then is the apple skins on each piece, because they are quite tough and Tilly can't chew them or swallow them. I just pluck it out of her mouth if she looks like she needs help getting rid of it. Try cooking a bit and seeing what texture you think she can manage - I've still never given Tilly raw apple as it does break off in big hard lumps. You can also use a microwave to cook the apples, but it's not as tasty as fried in butter! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back