weaning

thats rubbish , have you read my weaning post with the leaflet from bliss ? the guide for weaning prems is totally different from 'term' babies , its from 5 to 7 months actualy age , they benieft from being weaned early annf struggle with weaning late , as for the gut being mature , the gut in a prem has had to mature quicker then a term baby to handle breast milk or formula earlier .

for the record , im having to wean leland even earlier then 5 mohts , my hv told me to start now and for the last week his had a rusk every ngiht with his 6 pm bottle , or baby rice . leland is already 16lb .

ready my post a bit further down, its got a link to it to the leaflet on weaning prems , BLISS have been dealing with prems alot more then any consultant .

G3M said:
thats rubbish , have you read my weaning post with the leaflet from bliss ? the guide for weaning prems is totally different from 'term' babies , its from 5 to 7 months actualy age , they benieft from being weaned early annf struggle with weaning late , as for the gut being mature , the gut in a prem has had to mature quicker then a term baby to handle breast milk or formula earlier .

for the record , im having to wean leland even earlier then 5 mohts , my hv told me to start now and for the last week his had a rusk every ngiht with his 6 pm bottle , or baby rice . leland is already 16lb .

ready my post a bit further down, its got a link to it to the leaflet on weaning prems , BLISS have been dealing with prems alot more then any consultant .

thanks read your leaflet from Bliss.its very confusing at times. How did the weaning go with Leland? Can i ask what made you wean Leland just so I can look for the same signs myself. I was going to get some baby rice as worried that he was coming up to 6 months and not started to wean yet.After reading the leaflet im going to have another think about it. thanks for your reply x

its going ok , obviously early days , but he like rusks , not so much baby rice lol he also only likes me feeding him :lol: and its messy but were having fun!

i decided to start because he was showing all the sign , he watched us eat and tried to grab things , especially bannas and stuff ! , he is well over double is birth weight ( his 16lb now ) and was hungry but bored of milk / couldnt take alot of milk , (his on 7oz ) , the hv told me too really with her guiding me , he doesnt take alot yet but is having fun learing to eat , he has 1ox of formula with one rusk , or 2 oz of baby rice .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back