Weaning progression

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
So a couple of (possibly stupid) questions

Aaron is doing really well with his solids (he's just turned 7 months)

He's taking 3 meals per day - like follows

Breakfast - 1 x weetabix or 3 heaped tbs readybrek with EBM
Lunch 2 oz of puree - usually pasta, chicken, potato and veg or similar, followed by 2 oz fruit puree
Dinner 2oz of puree (as above) followed by 2oz fruit puree

He's still taking 4 x 6-7oz bottles a day (he's still fussy with them at times and they can be a bit of a fight, but generally going well with his milk)

He doesn't seem to be satisfied with his food anymore. I've given him a mid afternoon snack the last couple of days (finger foods like organix carrot sticks or biscotti) and he's devoured them (if i hold them for him)

This afternoon i realised I had no fruit puree left so I quickly cut up an apple, quickly softened it on the hob and mashed it with a fork rather than puree - it was quite lumpy and he managed fine.

So my question is really - where do I go from here?

Should I be giving him more than 2 oz of proper food for lunch and dinner (I only have 2oz storage pots :lol:)

Really stupid question - how do I make proper food lumpy? Do I just cut up the chicken really really small then mash the rest with a fork or something?

I feel really stupid, but I genuinely don't have a clue!

Have you got a blender? Think my tommee tippee one does smooth purees and also lumpier. Although I know some people dont bother with blenders and mash with a fork.

I have no real advise though as ive failed at eveey attempt to wean daisy. She is just having none of it. Xx
tapatalking

I have the tommee tippee one but its a right pain in the arse as its so tiny.

I have a proper food processor, I suppose I should just trial and error it

Tt is no use for batches is it. I dont have a food processor so tried to mush up digestive biscuits in it for a banoffee pie. Took an age. Xx

tapatalking

So a couple of (possibly stupid) questions

Aaron is doing really well with his solids (he's just turned 7 months)

He's taking 3 meals per day - like follows

Breakfast - 1 x weetabix or 3 heaped tbs readybrek with EBM
Lunch 2 oz of puree - usually pasta, chicken, potato and veg or similar, followed by 2 oz fruit puree
Dinner 2oz of puree (as above) followed by 2oz fruit puree

He's still taking 4 x 6-7oz bottles a day (he's still fussy with them at times and they can be a bit of a fight, but generally going well with his milk)

He doesn't seem to be satisfied with his food anymore. I've given him a mid afternoon snack the last couple of days (finger foods like organix carrot sticks or biscotti) and he's devoured them (if i hold them for him)

This afternoon i realised I had no fruit puree left so I quickly cut up an apple, quickly softened it on the hob and mashed it with a fork rather than puree - it was quite lumpy and he managed fine.

So my question is really - where do I go from here?

Should I be giving him more than 2 oz of proper food for lunch and dinner (I only have 2oz storage pots :lol:)

Really stupid question - how do I make proper food lumpy? Do I just cut up the chicken really really small then mash the rest with a fork or something?

I feel really stupid, but I genuinely don't have a clue!

Hey Hun, I know you'll know a hell of a lot more than me right now but the dental nurse advised just simple mashing foods with a masher works well for lumps to encourage baby to chew. obviously things that can be mashed like soft foods.

Also, there is a fayre near me on 18th April at Drumchapel community centre (I'm registered with Drumchapel health centre so not sure if it's strictly for people who are reg in Drumchapel) anyway, you get a little food blender, bowl, cutlery etc for £5 - the NHS pay the other £20 it's worth 25. If your not able to get one from there on that date you could see if Clydebank are holding any weaning fares?

xxxxxx

Hey hun, sounds like Aaron is doing fab with his food. To be honest I just mashed with a fork and Max has always been fine with lumps xxx

The food I made yesterday i just gave a quick zap in the processor and made i lumpy and he's been fine with it.

Don't know what I was worrying about!

I dont bother with mashing, Just give it whole x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back