weaning group??

Krystal

Reaction score
Hi everyone..

my lo is almost 13 weeks old, i just got a letter from nhs inviting me to a weaning group in my area to discuss introducing foods other than milk.

has anyone else been to one of these? i'd never even heard of them before lol

my mum asked me if we had one by us because she has one by her, but otherwise no ive not seen or heard anything about them.

I went to one organised by my HV. It was really useful and talked about what you can and can't give and rough quantities. It was good as I didn't have a clue! :D

The only thing was I wanted to try baby led weaning and my HV had never even heard of it, when I told her she rubbished the idea and basically told me I was being reckless :( It made me want to do it even more and from 6 months Evie has happily eaten finger foods :D

They have it here but I've not been :? Isaac is offered purees and he decides if he wants them or not, I'm not overly promoting or avoiding food stuffs with him yet, but the groups do sound like a good idea for getting support and advice :)

Fluffy Bunny said:
I went to one organised by my HV. It was really useful and talked about what you can and can't give and rough quantities. It was good as I didn't have a clue! :D

The only thing was I wanted to try baby led weaning and my HV had never even heard of it, when I told her she rubbished the idea and basically told me I was being reckless :( It made me want to do it even more and from 6 months Evie has happily eaten finger foods :D

do u mind if I ask what is baby led weaning?

Hey girls,

I went to a weaning group also organised by my HV. It was excellent - she made us do blind taste testing and was also very good at promoting baby led weaning not mother led weaning and that this was an extra advantage of later weaning (at 6 months not 4 months+).

We had a great chat and we got to taste her h/m cauliflower cheese (mashed) and mango and pear (also mashed) - sooooooo much nicer than the jars in my opinion, which just tasted of preservative!

Sweetcheeks - baby led weaning is discussed in detail in a sticky above this post. Basically I think its just the baby feeding themselves and introducing finger foods from 6+ mths rather than pureeing everything to slop.

Valentine Xxx

thanks Valentine.. i'll go and check it out now. I'm really looking forward to going now. I was really unsure on weaning and what I should be doing etc so it'll be so helpful for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back