Weaning godsends and wastes of time

Jo

Reaction score
I thought seeing as quite a few of us are at the weaning stage this thread would be useful to us and them that will soon be starting to wean.

Hints , tips and stuff we have found useful or a waste of time money and effort!

I have found some flexible Ice cube trays fom tesco for 97p the food just pops straight out into freezer bags.

Vital Baby spoons are also brill really soft rubber got mine from boots they have loads of stuff in the range

Also if you type Free baby stuffin your search engine you can get loads of sample sent to you

Can't think anything yet thats been a waste of time but i'm sure something will come to me :D

i have got packs of 5 baby spoons from boots which r really good because they r not to big to go in hannahs mouth but the best buy r liitle food tubs with lids from pound land, you get 4 for a pound and r ideal for making up small amounts of food or for when you go out to put food in.

a hand blender from tesco just under a fiver essential for making homemade meals :D

disposable bibs also from tesco for your change bag when ur out and about

I saw those little tubs in the pound shop today and wondered if they were any good, I think will get some tomorrow, thanks :D

i bought some weaning spoons from superdrug...i think the name of them are "weestar" anyway they are not very good at all for starting to wean....the spoons are really hard plastic and not easy to use so would not reccommend these!!
I bought 2 bowls from tesco which came with a spoon and those ones are brilliant! nice soft rubber spoon!
Argree with Zor-el too, handmixer...cheap tesco value one, think it was only £4.99....really good and probley works just as good as the expensive ones!

oh if anyone else has there baby drinking juice fron a beaker i recommend boots own beakers they were £5.24 or something like that for 2 the teat is so soft very good for trainning a baby as u shouldnt give juice in a bottle i gave ethan these and hes getting on really well.

u can give almost any veg u like i think there is a few fruits u cant because they are acidy but im not sure ive made pear apple banana carrot potatoe cabbage hahha and i gave ethan a brussel sprout poor little man wasnt happy lol

I really want one of these has anyone seen them?

feeder_huge.jpg

repl_tiny.jpg

It's like a little mesh bag with a handle for baby to hold, you put apple or other food in the bag and they can chew on it without choking on the lumps...sounds great!

What a great thread!

That chew thing looks good.

Got a pack of mini cube containers as lakeland plastic and they are fab.

Saw at Tescoes a mini blender for about £4 - bargin.

Have just got back from buying Jack a highchair, because feeding him in bouncer was killing my back!!

anyway after looking around for a bit in all usual (mothercare toys r us etc..) i found that most are from 6 months.

I found one in a local shop that has for positions for seat to move up and down and it also has three reclining positions and tray comes off and clips to the back of chair. also very padded

I love it it is brill :D

they are selling some very similar on Ebay

They are made by Hauck

hope this helps because i dont know how to put a link up LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90