Weaning Equipment!

Discussion in 'Weaning' started by Alipops1986, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Alipops1986

Alipops1986 Well-Known Member

Morning All,

I'm attempting to prepare for the weaning stage as need get sorted January, in order to start February time.

I've been having a browse of the different pots etc you can get but would rather have people's practical experience of what to buy or avoid!

So, what would you recommend to get and/or avoid? I hope to make a lot of homemade food/purees.

Alipops x

2. CamFi

CamFi Well-Known Member

If youhave a stick blender or food processor then you don't need to buy anythinge xtra. In the early days you can use your current ice cube trays. Once frozen pop them out and keep in ziplock bags. Once you start needing bigger portions I've actually found the smallest ziplock bags to be best as they lie flat and stack well so you really maximise freezer space. You'll want up to about five little pots for snacks (think crackers, fruit slices, dried fruit etc). don't go overboard, baby can be eating the same as you by about 9 months so you'll only be doing purees for about 3-4 months.

3. tinselcat

tinselcat Well-Known Member

I've been using a hand blender and it gets a nice consistency, better than the fruit blender in my mum's kitchen.

I also got some kiddo feedo silicon ice cube trays and pleased with them. And little spoons.