Weaning babies- food ideas/ diaries

Can an older LO join in? We've kinda got stuck in a rut with brekkie & lunch and this thread has really inspired me! I'm defo going to start offering Jack different breakfasts because he has ready brek or weetabix alternated and a few raisins.

Yesterday he had:

Breakfast: Weetabix & some raisins
Morning snack: some banana & some more raisins
Lunch: Cheese spread sandwiches, some grapes & a fruit pot
Afternoon snack: some fruit buttons
Dinner: Pork cassarole with rice & a yoghurt

Hope you don't mind a toddler joining you? x

Claire of course you can join in!! I love reading about all foods - it's good to share ideas!!

Brekkie: banana and some mango

Lunch: cheese omelette and yoghurt

Tea: pouch of chicken stew
Fruit and some fruit purée

Thanks hun! :)

He's getting a cough & cold today so has been a bit 'off' all day, still smiling though bless him!

Breakfast: Ready brek & some raisins

Morning snack: a fruit pot

Lunch: Peanut butter sandwiches & a fruit pouch

Afternoon snack: some tomato & herb puffs

Dinner: veggie pasta crunch & a yoghurt

Next week i'm going to make him some savoury muffins to see how he gets on with them and also some carrot & butternut squash soup x

Last edited:
Breakfast: Porridge with added mashed apple and papaya
Lunch: Vegetable soup, cheese and broccoli muffin, fromage frais
Snack: Rice cakes
Dinner: Jar of something with noodles in, and I added some extra shredded chicken from tea yesterday, apple rice pudding

She STILL won't drink water!!! Hate her drinking so little. Really don't want to cave in to juice but getting desperate. Any help welcome!!!

Will she drink from a preoper cup? Jack loves drinking from my glass. He's alot older than your LO but he's always been pretty good at it. Or maybe try a straw? Jack doesn't have a clue what to do with them but i've know babies who get on fine with them.

Also google 'Doidy cup' they're really good! x

Helen was going to suggest a doidy cup.
Marry being Harry also loves drinking water from a bottle (filled with tap water) as when on Hols he saw us drinking from one- think it makes him feel like a big boy!!

Brekkie: weetabix

Lunch: remainder of stew from last night
Yoghurt

Tea: spag Bol

Breakfast: Porridge with added mashed apple and papaya
Lunch: Vegetable soup, cheese and broccoli muffin, fromage frais
Snack: Rice cakes
Dinner: Jar of something with noodles in, and I added some extra shredded chicken from tea yesterday, apple rice pudding

She STILL won't drink water!!! Hate her drinking so little. Really don't want to cave in to juice but getting desperate. Any help welcome!!!

What about diluted fresh juice rather than cordial? Xx

Wss ^^!!

We were told to dilute fresh orange at 1:10 to help with H when he was a bit bunged up so I'm sure aomething similar would be fine for evie- def better than dilute juice

Helly - harry dosent drink much water either just a few sips here and there

my good eater has turned into a nightmare, i see 2, maybe 3 teeth coming and his face is just a mess, hes now refusing the chew anything so everything has to be smooth or he wont eat it :( hoping he will go back to normal once they cut through aaahhhh.

Thanks for the water tips guys. She had a bit more today so maybe we've turned a corner??!! Think I may resort to the juice soon. Tried the doidy cup a while back and she wasn't having any of it but may try that again. Hadn't thought about a straw - will she know what to do with it?!! In fairness I hardly drink anything so maybe she takes after me??!!

Well i cant sleep due to the heating coming on overnight so i might as well make myself useful lol.

Yesterday T had:

Porridge with mashed banana and a handful of shreddies

Cheese omelette and half a crumpet for lunch plus yoghurt

Fish pie plus fruit pot for dinner

Jack's full of cold so not eating much but yesterday he had:

Breakfast: Weetabix

Morning snack: Some fruit buttons & a fruit pot

Lunch: Jam sandwiches & a yoghurt

Afternoon snack: a banana

Dinner: He had his first Tapas! We went out for Daddy's Birthday and he tried paella, duck & some pork cheek! Pork cheek was his fave by far. He also had a fruit pot for pudding x

Harry's got a cold so not been having as much. This morning he had bit if weetabix

Lunch- must of been feeling better as had piece of toast with scrambled egg

Tea- fish pie

Breakfast - organix porridge with banana and raisin and half a banana

Lunch - 1/2 jar pork and apple Heinz thing plus petit filous

Dinner - beef stew plus a slice of bread and half a fruit pot

Brekkie: crumpet with jam

Lunch: jacket potatoe with tuna

Tea: beef stew and Yorkshire pudding ( he loves Yorkshire pudding!!!)

Phoebe loves yorskshire pudding too.

Breakfast - Muesli

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Cheese spread sandwiches & Rice Pudding for dessert

Snack - Organix snack

Dinner - A stage 3 EK pouch of spag bol and a yoghurt

Tapatalking :)

Will had:

Brekkie: weetabix with mashed banana

Snack: porridge(?) - my mum decided to give it him plus my brother fave him some toast with jam

Lunch: fish cakes with beans

Snack: a few chocolate buttons :oooo:

Dinner: roast potato, lamb, cauliflower cheese and a fruit pot

Well we had a very random day today, with lunch And tea out.

But re the water, my LO wouldn't drink it at all at first, but when we went to juice, she now drinks water quite happily. It was like she needed to stronger flavour to encourage her to drink from the cup iykwim.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Brekkie: weetabix and banana
Lunch: beans on toast and yogurt
Dinner: roast pork, roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots and two Yorkshire puds - he loved them!
Dessert: dairy free choc mousse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back