Weaning at 4months for reflux babies ??

Amzy

Reaction score
My boy is 17 weeks today and i have tried everything to keep his milk down changed to cow and gate anti reflux but didnt help so today i went and bought baby rice gave him a few spoons and 5oz of milk and he wernt sick at all :) any1 else tried weaaning earli for babies with reflux?

I weaned from 17 weeks in the hope it would help reflux but it didn't! He still has reflux at 6 months and it goes through good n bad stages xxx

does your baby bring back food aswell? x

We also weaned at 17 weeks for reflux helped a bit but not much we are nearly 7 months now and still on gaviscon and some times sick not often especially as we are blw now x

I asked the consultant about this and he categorically said do not wean the baby early.

But in our circumstances she was gaining weight fine and the meds probably helped a bit.

I also started at 17 weeks with rice & muesli and it worked a charm ! I never took any of the medication offered for reflux as i didnt see it being severe enough so maybe Ailas reflux settled a bit easier than others. I would definately keep it going hun, i started with it at breakfast in case there was a reaction & another bonus was Aila sleeps SO MUCH better during the day. She use to be brutal for naps but noow i think because shes full she will have a good 3 hour nap. x

I started weaning at 18 weeks at the doctors advice due to reflux, it has helped in that he doesnt sick up food most of the time but he is still sick with his milk!! Im pleased I did wean when I did tho as I know that milk wasnt satisfying him either!!
xxx

Thanks for your advice ladies but he seems to b so much better these last 2 days and i cudnt believe it today he actually slept from 11 till 1 in the past he has onli ever had a 20 min nap i didnt know what 2 do with myself! Just giving him a few spoons of baby rice goin 2 do so for the next week or 2 hes keeping most of his milk down still a bit sick when lying flat but id rather give him baby rice than drugs off the doctor and gaviscon reali didnt help x

Its best to go on your instincts and what you feel is right! Every baby is different and responds to meds/food differently etc. Its a case of taking it very slowly and seeing what happens- and if it helps then great :) but any sign of it not agreeing with LO then stop and seek advice good luck xxx oh and in response to your question no its not really food as such just a lot of liquid- its bits of food but not loads of it x

I waited til nearly 6 months. He still has gaviscon now at nearly 10 months. He doesn't bring back much anymore but at his age I'd expect it to be gone lol.

Forgot to say we ate still on gaviscon as well that was the only thing we used x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back