Weaning and green poo?

ChrissieCool

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have had to start weaning Jacob already as he is what is known as a happy spitter which I'm sure most of you know what that is but if not it means he spits up a lot of his milk, that started at 3 months, so when I gave him a bottle by the time he was done spitting it up he would only really have had half of it, I tried cutting down and giving more often but it made no difference and he always hungry because of it. I tried the hungrier baby milk thinking as it was thicker that might help but he was the same and it seemed give him lots of wind so stopped that, tried baby rice in a bottle but he was having none of it, he went mad lol anyway I had a word with the HV and she said to start weaning him so for just over a week now I have been giving him a little bit of baby porridge once a day and he is doing great on it and isn't spitting up as much with his other bottles now. His poo has turned a light green though and has been for a week now, is that normal?

Last edited:
Nope he doesn't seem to be but I did give gripe water just in case, only cries these days with his teething really, he used to have the odd green nappie when just on milk but since having porridge he has had it for a week, it doesn't seem to bother him but just wondered if it's something I should worry about as he has had it for a week now although sometimes it's a mixture of green and yellow.

I had Tyler's 6 week check last week and I've been keeping a diary of his poo colours abs when I pointed out the fact I was getting green the doc just asked if he was windy. Would gripe water help with that then?

Don't think it would help with the green poo but thought maybe it could be wind so gave him some just in case and he did loads of burps but his poo is still green.

Kynons poo changes green when he has jabs or is unwell but it can change colour depending what they eat as their insides are still maturing and developing, I've read not everything is digested yet. I've not started weaning yet but i imagine it must change colour.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back