We hit problems very differently!

Hannah1678

Reaction score
Unsure where to post this and it’s been racking my brain if I should post this or not as it’s not pleasant.
So I went to my doctors as we have been trying for 9 cycles and nothing has happened. She said to me me have you thought about the possibility of testing for STI’s as you never know even in long term relationships as you don’t have symptoms with some of them. I was like omg what must she think of me, she then went on to explain that it’s perfectly normal to get one and no one would be able to know what their OH got up to before meeting them!
So had my tests... chlamydia came back positive! Turns out my partner had given it to me over a year ago!
Instantly I started freaking out worried about my long term fertility! My partner and I have both been treated now, and DRs have told us to only try for 3 more months max before coming for proper tests.
I cannot believe that my struggle so far had been something so stupid!!
I don’t even know if post like this are allowed but just wondering has anyone experienced this?? Did anyone else have any issues? I’m a bit desperate to be posting this I know. Sorry again if not allowed!

Unsure where to post this and it’s been racking my brain if I should post this or not as it’s not pleasant.
So I went to my doctors as we have been trying for 9 cycles and nothing has happened. She said to me me have you thought about the possibility of testing for STI’s as you never know even in long term relationships as you don’t have symptoms with some of them. I was like omg what must she think of me, she then went on to explain that it’s perfectly normal to get one and no one would be able to know what their OH got up to before meeting them!
So had my tests... chlamydia came back positive! Turns out my partner had given it to me over a year ago!
Instantly I started freaking out worried about my long term fertility! My partner and I have both been treated now, and DRs have told us to only try for 3 more months max before coming for proper tests.
I cannot believe that my struggle so far had been something so stupid!!
I don’t even know if post like this are allowed but just wondering has anyone experienced this?? Did anyone else have any issues? I’m a bit desperate to be posting this I know. Sorry again if not allowed!
I don't see why this post is not allowed.
I'm sorry you had such bad news, but at least it is treatable! Have you been together for more than a year?x

I don't see why this post is not allowed.
I'm sorry you had such bad news, but at least it is treatable! Have you been together for more than a year?x
That’s good then. No this would have been from our first time together. He was in a very long relationship before hand and found out she had an affair and stupidly never got checked after. Been tutting at him a lot! But yes that is a plus that everything is treated and onto trying again. Hopefully there is no more damage Xx

@Hannah1678 Hunny the whole point of this forum is support so I’d be confused if this wasn’t allowed.

The good news is you found out & can treat it. Remember that it takes most couples a year to conceive. Good luck, and give your man a hug. I bet he feels rotten x

@Hannah1678 Hunny the whole point of this forum is support so I’d be confused if this wasn’t allowed.

The good news is you found out & can treat it. Remember that it takes most couples a year to conceive. Good luck, and give your man a hug. I bet he feels rotten x
Thank you for your reply! For the first time TTC I actually don’t want it to be just yet, just incase if any problems. I will do xx

I am sorry you are going through this, the main point is that you know your issue and now you can manage a situation. x

I am sorry you are going through this, the main point is that you know your issue and now you can manage a situation. x
Thank you! Agreed, feeling much more positive about the journey ahead now. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back