We have to move :(

love87

Reaction score
Long story but I will try to make it short. We moved into our current house 4 and half years ago which was only supposed to be short term. We had just returned to Ireland from the UK and I was heavily pregnant, this house was cheap rent and available so we took it just to see us through even though it was not really suitable to our needs. Anyway, it is very mouldy in kitchen and bathroom. Our kitchen is tiny and can only fit one person at a time and it is freezing. Now with another baby on the way we have realised we have to move but realistically I don't think we can afford it. It is really getting me down. I don't want to leave the area as I love it. A house across the road has just become available but its 200 euro more per month than this one. I am at a complete loss, then even if we can meet the rent every month we are going to struggle to get a deposit and first month rent together. So now I don't know what to do!! Sorry for the rant, just had to vent!

Hey hunni.

I was in your boat so understand. We were stuck in private renting. First flat was lovely then we upped the room for Jackson. Once he came I realised it wasnt really fit. We ended up moving when he was 3m old and it was super easy as it was within the same flat block.

Turned out that flat got worse too. In the winter mould appeared in almost every room. We could literally see our breath and Jackson was constantly ill. The worst being him admitted to hospital for a week with respiratory issues. At that point I took action with health visitor and enviromental health saying basically the house was unfit for us, unsafe. The heating didnt work and our landlord left the electric box loose so I was terrified when a switch went incase I got electricuted and Jackson was left alone. Took a few months but I fought for a council flat which was good going because its hard to get out of private renting.

Do they have council schemes you could push for? I contact my council to get a health check done by enviro health and got supporting health letters from Hv and Im now moved and feel totally safe. We can have a bath without getting pneumonia.

I hope it all works out, it always does but ofcourse we worry along the way and esp when money and a home is concerned, add pregnancy hormones to that. Kaboom.

xxxx

I understand this completely we were renting off family when pregnant with our 2nd baby, when they decided they were selling up! We had til James was just 5 months old to move out. Thankfully my Grandma paid our deposit and rent as a peace offering as she didn't want to sell, her sisters did. But our rent went up by £250 and we moved when James was 8 weeks old. We have moved again since too, but just next door as the house was bigger and had been recently refurbished, but again the rent went up by another £50. We pay out an extra £300 than we did just 18 months ago and still on the same income, but somehow we make it work.

Is there anyone you can borrow the deposit money from and then pay back with your deposit for the current house once you move? xx

We are going to view the house across the road and see would the landlord be willing to drop the rent a bit and meet us in the middle. It's a long shot but we will try anything. We would not be able to move in for a month as we would have to give a months notice here so hopefully that will give us 4 weeks to save up the deposit and rent. It will be a very hard month but if we can pull it off it will be better for us in the long run.

Our council are crap. I'm on housing waiting list 8 years, which is not unusual for here. When I ring them all we get is "if something comes up we will contact you"

I wasnt even on the list!!

They told me unless it was certain circumstances I wouldnt get a house as I had a 2 bed.

But after the letters supporting the mould isnt good for jacksons respiratory system and was basically below standard.

I hope you manage to save up the deposit then. Moving costs alot, be good if it was just over the road.

xxxx

I just rang about a viewing on the house and the woman seemed like a real snotty cow. Asked me who would be moving in? Told her me, my husband and daughter. How old is your daughter? She's 4. Her reply was " well there is a couple that want a second viewing so I will know more on Thursday" sounds like they are not child friendly and don't want children in the house...pffft

Did you pay a deposit on the house you live in?
My landlord let me pay the deposit on my new house after the deposit from my old house had been released so I didn't have to save up for a deposit xx

I paid one of my deposits up before, some give that option.

xxxx

We are going to view the house across the road and see would the landlord be willing to drop the rent a bit and meet us in the middle. It's a long shot but we will try anything. We would not be able to move in for a month as we would have to give a months notice here so hopefully that will give us 4 weeks to save up the deposit and rent. It will be a very hard month but if we can pull it off it will be better for us in the long run.

That's great news, may be he will drop the rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back