We find out tomorrow!

girly2007

Reaction score
We've got a private sexing scan tomorrow....

I'm really really excited to see my baby again BUT I'm having second thoughts about finding out! My husband really wants to know but I'm torn!

Reasons against finding out

I LOVE surprises

My mother in law will go mad buying stuff once she knows and I already feel like she's taken away the fun of choosing things for my baby as she's already bought loads

I have an urge just to keep it a secret until birth just so it's between only me and my husband

Reasons for finding out

We can be more organised

I might bond a bit more with my baby if I know it's a he or she - I don't really feel bonded properly yet

Choosing a name will be easier

I just don't know what to do! I know no one can decide for me but any advice would be appreciated!

Xxxx

Good luck, whatever you decide, I was torn too, stayed team yellow on the day :)

Its just too tempting isnt it, they didnt tell you at the hospital where i had my first so she was a surprise, theres no better feeling than looking for yourself to see what youve had, names are ok just choose one of each and i had a few neutral clothes bought but we got so many pink gifts from people so that wasnt a problem.
With my second and this pregnancy we have found out, my DH wanted to know and i was tempted its lovely to know what your having and for baby to already have a name and to bond with him more i feel, im glad i did find out this time as i was starting to think it was a girl but its another boy.
Its your decision so whatever you decide good luck for today, apart from on here and close family/friends weve not told anyone else, keeping it a secret would def help with mil situation lol x

Last edited:
Thanks girls!

It looks like we're going to find out - my husband is just too excited! I still feel a hint of regret at finding out, but he's promised for baby number 2 we'll keep it a surprise!

I've told him I want the sonographer to gesture to him what it is while I've got my eyes closed, then I want to look at him and he tell me what we're having. Only problem with that is that I've done so much research that I think I know what I'm looking for so I'll probably know before they say!

My appointments at 6:15 tonight so I'll keep you all updated! Xxx

How was it?! I had a private too and absolutely loved it. Did you get a glimpse in 4d? :) x

It's a BOY!!!! Everything is fine, I have an anterior placenta so I might not feel kicks for a while. Yes we glimpsed him in 4d... The sonographer told us that we might get a bit freaked out because baby's at 16 weeks don't have a lot of fat on them, but I thought he looked beautiful!!

I definitely don't regret finding out - I'm so glad we did!

Xx

We have gone for a half-way house approach. I didn't find out fir my previous two pregnancies so seeing as this is goung to be my last (providing all goes ok) I felt I wanted to so things differently this time. We know and our kids know and my two bump buddies know but that's it. Our kids have been sworn to secrecy and they're doing a good job of keeping it that way for the moment. I don't want everyone buying us blue or pink stuff in advance as I hate all that and I'm going to make sure that everyone knows it too. xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back