We’re Trying

willithappen

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’ve made a few posts as I thought I was potentially pregnant, but no, no I wasn’t.

My partner and I are trying, we have been for a few months. Both of us are young, fit and healthy. This would be our first for both of us. Due to ovulate around the 20th of this month but I will pick up some ovulation tests to be 100% sure.

Does anyone have any advice, or anything they’d wished they knew before trying?

That it could take a long time and you might end up needing medical intervention.

I'd say to just relax and try not to focus too much on it. I hope you get pregnant quickly but if it takes a while, it can put a lot of strain on a couple if you only DTD when you're ovulating.
Some cycles don't always behave like they should either. With DD2 I ovulated on cycle day 11, which is 6 days earlier then normal, so be sure to DTD every 2 days or so. Good luck and I hope your stay in the TTC section is a short one!x

That you can do everything right and it still might not happen when you want it to!
When I fell pregnant at 21 I was living an unhealthy life style! Nothing outrageous just normal 21 year old stuff.
Now at 30 I’m doing everything by the book and having no luck.
So just go about your life as normal, make healthy choices when you can but don’t get too caught up in it xxx

Few months isn’t actually a long time. for a healthy couple it can take up to 1 year. So relax and enjoy the journey.

Err on the side of having more sex! Sperm can live in the uterus up to 5 days, so it’s better to front load all your baby making efforts before you ovulate. And make sure you stay well hydrated. It took me half a year to get pregnant again after my miscarriage and I felt like something in me was broken. But it was probably just dehydration from all that bleeding and my pH levels being out of whack. I also tried a sperm-friendly lubricant and that was the month I finally got pregnant.

If you have been trying only for a few months, just enjoy "the process", it might take some time.

That you can do everything right and it still might not happen when you want it to!
When I fell pregnant at 21 I was living an unhealthy life style! Nothing outrageous just normal 21 year old stuff.
So just go about your life as normal, make healthy choices when you can but don’t get too caught up in it xxx

I'm

Thank you!

We aren't really going "by the book", everyone's different. What works for one person but not work for the next.

Personally, I'm just worried that it might not happen, or its going to take a long time due to endometriosis and previously having a miscarriage. I'm very much a believer of everything happens for a reason, but there's always others options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back