Watery cm after AF

Salley

Reaction score
Ok, I've been checking cm and cervix position every day since AF stopped, I don't get any cm when I wipe so I use my middle finger to get a sample while checking my cervix. I would describe my cm as being watery, clear and wet. Is this normal, am I actually considered dry, is there any specific qualities to the more fertile watery cm? I'm asking because I've read online that after AF I should be dry and this confused me because here I've thought I've been having watery cm... Any insight please, thank you!

I found this information online and I guess I was dry but if it wasn't for me checking inside I'd always be "dry" still confused..

Dry: Record "dry" if you have no cervical mucus present. If the outside of your vaginal feels dry and you have no cervical mucus. You may most likely experience dryness before ovulation after your period and after ovulation.

Sticky: Record "sticky" if your cervical mucus is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly, breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear.

Creamy: Creamy cervical mucus is close to hand lotion. It can be white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly and break easily.

Watery: "Watery" cervical mucus is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical mucus is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical mucus or you may get it before you get egg white cervical mucus or you may not get this type of fluid at all.

Egg white: This is your most fertile cervical mucus. Record "egg white" if your cervical mucus looks at all like egg whites. It should be stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

I found this information online and I guess I was dry but if it wasn't for me checking inside I'd always be "dry" still confused..

Dry: Record "dry" if you have no cervical mucus present. If the outside of your vaginal feels dry and you have no cervical mucus. You may most likely experience dryness before ovulation after your period and after ovulation.

Sticky: Record "sticky" if your cervical mucus is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly, breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear.

Creamy: Creamy cervical mucus is close to hand lotion. It can be white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly and break easily.

Watery: "Watery" cervical mucus is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical mucus is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical mucus or you may get it before you get egg white cervical mucus or you may not get this type of fluid at all.

Egg white: This is your most fertile cervical mucus. Record "egg white" if your cervical mucus looks at all like egg whites. It should be stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

Thanks for posting this, I have just asked on another thread if it was normal before ovulation or not! I thought it might have been left over preseed but now I defo think water cm

I think the preseed dries up fairly quickly, I don't notice it anymore after we dtd. I use 2g internally and about 1g on OH. When I go to the restroom after there's a little leakage but it seems to only be "the deposit" and not the preseed. What's your cd?

Ok just FYI for anyone else with cm questions that peak in here.. I'm honestly still a little confused but I've found literature online that says the vagina is a mucus membrane so there will always be a certain level of moisture. To test internally you should use two fingers to get a cm sample and spread your fingers apart to see how it responds. And if you're still uncertain you can use a glass of water to see what happens, normal moisture will dissolve while cm will stay present as a slippery substance on your fingers. Hopefully this helps someone, I'm just waiting for ewcm because Watery cm baffles me.

I have watery cm in my panties but when I check with fingers I have small amounts of ewcm. Have done for the past couple of days xx

Are you in your fertile window? didn't you get positive opk?

Yep and got my positive OPK today. Surge didn't last long tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back