Waters went 4 hours a go, still no real contractions!

Pip52976

Reaction score
So my waters started to go at 3pm, have been to the hospital and had it confirmed. As no contractions they sent me home. No sat waiting and wondering if every twinge is it starting. I had a nap when I got back as I was shattered from all the excitement. Not really sure what to do now. Any suggestions to get things going? Xx

Try to relax :)

Is your house ready? Are all the baby things ready?

Cleaning/vacuuming will help (like exercise/walking). If anything is not ready or done, try to remedy that. If everything is ready, then I'd personally get a hot curry and a fresh pineapple lol.

Also, most women start labouring at night so if you relax and try to get some rest now you may find when it gets dark things start happening.

Good luck.

PS resist going back to hospital until you're really regular with the contractions and close together as it could disturb them/you and make it all stop.

Did they not tell you to go back on after 24 hour? That happened to me. And due to infection risk they won't let u go to long before inducing once they have gone. Luckily for me my contractions stared before I was induced. I just kept walking and going up an down the stairs bouncing on ball ect. Hope they start soon for your x

With both my daughters my waters went at about 5/6pm and contractions didn't properly start Til about 1am! Just use this time to get super organised and if you already are, use it to rest! I loved my waters going first it meant I could mentally prepare and quickly run round house one last time!!

Massive good luck!! X

Ooh, good luck! Get some good rest - nest in with some dim lights and make everything nice and comfy, that's supposed to get the right hormones going ;-)

House is all ready, car is loaded my partner had a lust of things he needed to do pinned to the back door for weeks. I managed to eat a pizza which surprised me. Now lit all the candles and having a bounce on the ball. Guess I just head to bed soon and see what happens. I'm trying not to think about it but every time I move it's like I'm peeing it's a very strange sensation!

Honestly rest!!! Get as much sleep as you can. I was in labour for a couple of days and it was hard going, I was as excited as you at first but by time I was fully dilated I was utterly exhausted! Rest up mama and good luck, you will meet your baby soon enough! Xxx

Good luck! Have they given you a time to come back tomorrow if nothing happens?

13 hours on still nothing major happening managed a good 5 hours sleep but wide awake now. Been told to contact labour ward at 1.30 today to sort out induction, praying it won't come to that and things will start naturally! X

Good luck - hope things are starting up properly. Have some good cuddle time with OH and some massaging and relax ;-)

Fingers crossed baby is on their way x

Hope ur having cuddles now
Will keep an eye out for an update xx

Still no contractions unfortunately. Got to the hospital to be induced 4.5 hours ago, still haven't been examined. Apparently two other women at 9cm they want to deliver them before start inducing me. Feeling very fed up now, not seen a midwife for ages. Really just want things to get started ):

Nearly there pip - it's frustrating! Hope you have your little 'un soon ;-)

I hope your not let to much longer I know how horrible it is waiting around. I would say just think baby will be here soon but iv been there and that don't help lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back