Waters or Widdle?

v11kae

Reaction score
Ok this could be embarrassing!!!

At teatime today i was standig in the living room getting ready to take my dog to the vet when i choked on a tiny bit of tea. Until now I havent had a week bladder at all but i found muself having to rush to get changed as i was soaking through.

Ok TMI but was told by a frend you could tell the difference between your waters and wee by the smell, so i sniffed it and couldnt smell a thing. I had to beg OH to sniff and he said he thinks it might be wee. So embarrassingly i got changed and headed to the vet thinking i had just wet myself, (As you do!).

Thing is since then i have been to the loo and curiosity got the better of me and i sniffed the loo roll afterwards and since earlier there has been a definite smell of wee, not like earlier. So what do i do??? was it that i'd wee'd myself (God what age am I?) and it didnt seem to have a scent at the time or was it my waters?

Started to get persistant backache since and a lot of niggles down below and quite bad period cramp. Should I wait to see if I go into labour tonight before calling my midwife???

I mean i could travel all the way it hospital for a false alarm but if i wait i could know for sure or maybe wait to see what happens tonight.

What do you guys think?

Vicki x

Hi Hun

If it's your waters it will still be trickling or you will still feel wet down below.

If you getting niggles and backache i would definately ring and get checked

Good luck :D

yvonne xxx

Thanks Yvonne,

Was hoping it could be my waters, god the embarrassment of thinnking i may have wee'd myself lol. argghhhhh Bad enough your body goes to pot but incontinance lol

Has anything more come of the pains/ niggles?

I am only going off what they asked me on the phone when i rung about my waters, she asked if they were still trickling or if i had a wet sensation. Everyone is different- if you are unsure ring them. :D

Morning!

Yet again I got the 2 hours of regukar contractions at 10 minutes apart then it just stopped as I went to bed! lol

LO is really testing me now I think lol

im only 32 weeks but at around 28 weeks i got out of the bath dried myself. and had to place the towel under myself as i was just gushing. I went to the hospital to be checked and she said i must have wet myself. as it had stopped. It didn't smell though. Im now starting to wet all the time and the other day i nearly lost all dignity with a number 2. I just made it. im 20 years old and feel like an incontinent old granny. The joys of pregnancy. I would definately get checked out again just to put my mind at ease.

thanks bossbump.

I noticed your nnew. Welcome to the Third Trimester!!!!!

:oops: For the last four weeks,I have had these problems too.I have always been so good at holding myself if I needed to wee,ever since I've been a kid,but recently the constant dribbling and sometimes gushing is so undignified it's getting me down.I went to buy some internal doors with Dave and by the time we got there,which was only 5 minutes down the road,I had done a full piddle on the van seat :oops: Dave only laughed to try and make me feel better,but I was so embarassed.I had to lend some of my neighbours large tena pads to keep dry.I did wonder at the time if it could possibly be my waters,but I think it was more of a denial thing,I just didn't want to admit I'd wet myself.
As bossbump says the joys of pregnancy........keep us informed v11kae....

Well bagpuss ...

If it's any consolation i just wet myself laughing so much at your post ... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry :cry: guess i got my just deserts ... i wet myself laughin at you wetting yourself ... just wait till this baby is 18 GGRrrrr LOL!!

P.s i was crossing cause i needed the loo tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back