waters or not?

Shopaholic

Reaction score
Hey all,

Had a very weird experience. This morning (39 weeks exactly) got up at 3am to go to the loo and water came out in a puddle on the bathroom floor before I made it to the loo - sorry if TMI - I didn't feel like I was bursting or anything so decided my waters must have broken - the water was clear so went back to bed and called birth centre in the morning.

They told me to come in but as there was no more water on the pad I had put on and a speculum test didn't show any pools of water, they decided it probably wasn't labour about to begin. Apparantly if its your waters you continue to go through pads as it keeps on coming?? I have slight period pains but have had them for a week or so now and certainly don't think I've had contractions.

What could it have been? Could my bladder really just have let itself go????!!!

The bad news is that I was so scared of being in the hospital that my BP was 140/94 and they wouldn't let me go until they had done a load of blood and urine tests. I don't know what on earth to do about that as it happens every time I go near a hospital or doctors but seems to be fine at home. I was kept waiting around all day and it made me so nervous that every time they came near me I panicked - hope it is not going to have a hugely bad effect when labour finally does turn up.

Any advice girlies?

thanks so much

Jxx

no advise but thought i'd give you these :hug: :hug:

i had the same experience last week at 38+ weeks. i had a sudden pool of water on the floor as i got off the toilet but it stopped. when i went hospital they did the speculum test to see if my waters had gone they said they couldnt see no pooling and said they think it was my back waters that had gone. they said when your back waters go the top of your cervix can seal itself back over so i didnt need to be started off as i wasnt prone to infection and so i could go home and be pregnant for a little bit longer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back