Waters leaking?*Question Page 2*

poppy160

Reaction score
Hiya, as some of you guys may remember, I was diagnosed with low fluid on my 20 week scan last month, and have been advised to keep a watch for any fluid leaking. I have quite heavy CM normally, but for the last 20 mins or so it feels like I've been 'leaking'..my undearwear is soaked to the point where my trousers are wet aswell..it feels like I've wet myself! It's also wet on the sides of my legs aswell..it's only just started in the last 20 mins or so. Do any of you have any advice? I'm not sure weather I'm worrying over nothing cause baby has been active. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

if i was you hun id give your midwife a quick call just to see what she says
it sounds too much to be normal cm leaking
manda xx

lots of cm doesnt normaly go through to your trousers :shock:

call your m/w or gp and ask them :) xxx

ther ringing midwife.. go straight to labor and delivery.. you can never be to careful this early.. especially as u already have low fluid!

I would call the mw babes to put your mind at ease.

Let us know what she says. xxx

I agree with Lisa&alex go straight to labour and delivery, sounds like your waters to me :hug: I hope everything is ok.

Not sure - but i would call the MW to get some advice x x x

I agree that you need to contact someone immediately.. just to be safe, It could be your waters.

I'd echo what the other girlies say just to make sure. Hope everything's okay :hug:

Thanks for your advice girlies, in the end I called the labour ward and was asked to come in to be checked over. Cervix is closed and Doc could see no fluid so they sent me home again, which I'm happy with..except I'm still quite wet, after my internal and the doctor said I could go, I got up and there was a wet patch on the paper square I was lying on, and just been to the toilet and my pad is quite wet. The doc suggested that maybe it was urine.. :oops: ..but I honestly would know if I'd leaked and it doesn't smell like that. I can't think what else it could be, I'm just putting it down to really watery CM..I feel a bit stupid really, but alarm bells started ringing when I felt it down my leg.. :oops:

This probably TMI but when I ovulate (hmm, seems like a previous life now) I feel like I've wet myself - it gushes out all down my legs and soaks everything I'm wearing. We refer to it as "waterfalls" day.

So perhaps you're just weird like me :rotfl:

Glad everything is OK though - that's really good news :cheer:

Oh, thank goodness!

It really sounded like your waters had broken from the description. Glad it's all fine now though. :D

Dont feel silly Poppy its best to get these things checked out just to be sure. Im glad it turned out to be ok. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks guys, I have another scan next week on the 5th so I guess that will tell us if the fluid has gone down anymore..or hopefully up! And also to check babys measurements again, but I'm quite certain she is going to be fine, it feels like she's getting to the point where she's too big to kick properly, only turn over and kick me in the ribs!! What a monkey.. :roll:

Phew. Matt and I were really worried about you! Glad all is ok! :D

Thank you so much, guys..I am still quite worried though. I really feel like something isn't right, I've just been on the phone to my Mum who said it's good that the Docs couldn't find anything wrong, but she's concerned about the amount of leakage there was..to the extent where I felt it down my leg, and the fact it came out so quickly. Another thing we were wondering was about movement..as I said baby is moving fine, but it feels like she hasn't alot of room to move. Sometimes when she does move it hurts a bit, and I don't feel proper kicks anymore..just squirms, I can actually feel the squirms with my hand on the outside..I know this happens as baby gets bigger, but I didn't think this was until later on? Is anybody else or has anybody else felt that at this stage? Please feel free to give me a virtual slap, cause I'm such a worrier :lol:

I think that you need to take solace in the fact that the doctors have checked and said that your cervix is closed and that everything is okay. I'm sure that had it been your waters that had broken that they'd never have allowed you to go home thinking otherwise. :)

Goodness only knows why you are leaking in the way that you are. Do you know if you have a weak pelvic floor? It could feel like more fluid than is actually there and I guess it could be urine even though it doesn't smell.

if you are still worried though, I'd call your MW and tell her and ask for further examinations. At the end of the day this is your baby and it's important you feel happy and content that everything is okay. xxx

PS, we don't JUST feel kicks either, we feel most movements now so I'd not worry too much about that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back