water

Nicnax

Reaction score
Hiya,

Are any of you topping little ones up with water? I know they are supposed to get everything they need from breastmilk, but I can't help but worry, in this heat. Molly is weeing plenty, but having less poos- wondering whether to offer her some water? She's 6months (today in fact!), and we will be starting weaning over the weekend.

:)

When I weaned the older two I offered them a few sips of water with their meal. If you're starting weaning maybe it's a good idea do offer water too xxx

My lo is 6months too and has been taking wee drinks of water since she was about a month old, now shes weaning she will take a good drink of water with every meal xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great, thanks. Can I ask how much you give, and how (bottle, supply cup Tec). :)

It varies how much she takes....depends on what shes eating etc....I dont think she would take more than 2oz a day but if she wants more she can have it. I give out a bottle for now but have ordered a sippy cup so will be using that soon. The hv recommends a sippy cup but one that they have to sip rather than suck but I can imagine the mess with that lol so iv ordered a non spill one (nuby).

Hope this helps! Xx

You only need to give water if constipated, the baby will get enough hydration (water content) from your milk. If you fill baby up with water they will lose weight and your supply might drop. If constipated give 1 floz of cooled boiled water after a milk feed.

My baby never lost weight and my supply never dropped........

She's had nothing but breastmilk for 6months, but now we are weaning, a little water is recommended by lots of healthcare professionals. She hardly takes any at the moment- spitting out as much as she swallows! She's still drinking milk like a little piggy, despite the addition of water and pureed veg, so I'm not worried about weight gain! :)

No one knows their babys better than their mummys so we just gotta do what we feel right! Theres always going to be someone come along with a silly statement to try scare us! Common sense prevails most of the time :) glad to hear the purees are going down well.....weaning is fun! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back