Water infections

Yvonne

Reaction score
I am just asking out of curiousity,

Can water infections put you into labour????

I had one last week and was given a course of antibiotics but when i went back to the doctors on thursday i still had it, so i have been given another course of a different antibiotic- so i have had one for 2 weeks now and have been really uncomfy as you can expect.

Today i have been having tightenings like normal but i keep getting some painful ones on my left side and i was just wondering whether it was anything to time or keep an eye on or whether it was just the water infection kicking in, i have never had one of these before in my life!!!!

I had a false labour this morning which they told me was brought on by my water infection, it happened at 5am after I'd been for a wee. I was getting very painful contractions every 2-5 minutes, combined with a consistent terrible pain in my back and lower tum for over an hour. I called the labour ward as I was in real pain and it wasn't easing despite being in the bath for 30 mins. They were going to send a midwife out, and within 10 minutes of my call the pain virtually stopped! (so I called them back and cancelled the visit).

I swear to god I've never been in so much pain, I was on the verge of vomiting from it. I still feel very tender now and have been getting regular braxton hicks (still feel crampy) but now I know the difference between a real contraction and a BH - they bloody hurt! Am crapping myself about going into proper labour now, just hope that I have more of a build up than I did this morning!!

Have been told that an untreated water infection can bring on early labour. I've not heard of the antibiotics that I am on now, they are called Keflex or something.

You have my sympathies!!

I had Kefelexin for my first lot of tablets and they didn't clear it, i don't know what these are called.

It's horrible, i have had a baby before but i have never had a water infection with it so i didn't know if it made you feel different.

You'll have to watch it doesn't start proper labour now you have a trial run!! :shock:
I've had enough now, like it isn't bad enough your are as big as you are with back ache cos of the size of the baby without this aswell- i know i have certainly had enough this time!!!

i'm getting water infections all the time during my pregnancy. i have to see a consultant about it on tues because i was losing water all the time as well which they think is related. I have experienced those sort of pains as a symptom of UTIs before, at first i didn't know what it was because it felt uncomfotable but they said it was a symptom. hope you feel better soon x

I think I had similar to what you had Rosieroo, it made me decide I want an epidural in labour I couldn't go through anything worse than that!! I was actually vomitting aswell though, it was awful. Then I went to sleep and woke up fine :? :? :?

I think I had similar to what you had Rosieroo, it made me decide I want an epidural in labour I couldn't go through anything worse than that!! I was actually vomitting aswell though, it was awful. Then I went to sleep and woke up fine

TBH it really scared me :cry: I'm supposed to be having a home birth and am worried now as I didn't know what to do with myself as the pain was so bad. When it went away it was such a total relief I though to myself 'this must be what an epidural is like'! It's really frightened me about going into labour, I've always thought to myself that when I go into labour it will be ok as it's a means to an ends etc, but I couldn't think about anything apart from the pain this morning. I'm just hoping that it was extreme and I will have more of a natural build up when it really does happen for real - it was like being hit by a train this morning! I know it makes me sound like a wimp, but it really really did hurt! I'm not unused to pain (I've had period pains that have had me lying on the floor, vomiting etc) but this was on another level. My stepmum told me that her bunion operation was more painful than giving birth, well I've had a bunion op and would rather go through that again than this morning!

I know what you mean although I don't know if mine was as bad as yours now after reading your last post! I hope the real thing isn't as bad for you and you get the home birth you wanted :)

I think the worst thing now is that I am worried about labour, whereas before it wasn't too much of a consideration (I knew it was something I had to go through so I wasn't getting too worked up about it).

I reckon the memory will fade in a few days time ;)

I agree I wasn't scared at all but now I am terrified, and I wasn't planning to have an epidural but now I am!! :shock:

Well at least we have comfort in knowing that neither of us are the only ones that are feeling like this!

Everyone that I know that's had babies lately have just had gas and air, which makes me feel like that's all I should have (plus with a home birth is the only thing I can have). If I end up going into hospital and having more pain relief I'll feel like such a wimp ass! I shouldn't worry about what other people think, but I do :(

I don't worry about what other people think but more about how I would feel about myself, like I let myself down. The way I see it, if other people can do it, I should be able to. It's more that it's supposed to be a natural thing and nature didn't intend for epidurals, my mum did it without even gas and air, so I should be able to, some people don't get the choice.

Different story on the day I'm sure!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back