Water for formula when abroad

Lucyboo

Reaction score
Right, we are off to Greece next month. What do you all do for water for feeds? I keep reading about too much sodium in bottled water... Apparently our hotel provides filtered water as part of all inclusive. Can this be boiled? I have no idea x

I used bottle water while in Tenerife. As long as it's under the recommended sodium level which lots of them are. I bought the big 5 lye bottles cos I used it for rinsing and sterilising too. (Would recommend sterilising bags for easiness)

And boil it with a wee travel kettle x

Whenever we've gone to Greece there's been bottled water with a baby on it which we took to mean it was safe for infants.

I'd only boil it once though (boiling multiple times burns off some water which means the mineral content is higher, so only boil the amount you need rather than filling a kettle and re-boiling).

I would check the sodium levels on the bottles too just to be sure and choose the lowest available.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, feel less worried now :)

Jealous btw.

We had ear-marked the last two weeks of May for a holiday to Greece (love Greece & go to one of the islands most years), but then I got pregnant lol.
So of course that's out the window now 'cos I'm due early July so would be around 34 weeks at the time we were going to go lol, and it's a bit too close to the due date.

I'd go now if I could but my mum has said she's not up to pet sitting atm anyway, and I have too many to board.
Really hoping we have a nice summer and that maybe I can convince her to pet sit in September/October so I can get a week away then lol.

Last edited:
Whenever we've gone to Greece there's been bottled water with a baby on it which we took to mean it was safe for infants.

I'd only boil it once though (boiling multiple times burns off some water which means the mineral content is higher, so only boil the amount you need rather than filling a kettle and re-boiling).

I would check the sodium levels on the bottles too just to be sure and choose the lowest available.

I always wondered why you can't use reboiled water to make formula!

Oh I'm so excited, it is the second time on this island, different resort though. It's also where we got engaged so can take our girly back to our special spot. Haven't been abroad in 3 years so need it badly :)

Last edited:
Oh I'm so excited, it is the second time on this island, different resort though. It's also where we got engaged so can take our girly back to our special spot. Haven't been abroad in 3 years so need it badly :)

Where are you going?

I went to Kos in 2007, Corfu in 2010, Skiathos in 2011 & 2012, and Zakynthos in 2013 & 2015 lol.

I want to do Crete at some point (end of this year hopefully) and I've seen a really fab looking resort in Rhodes which has on-site waterslides and a splash-park which the kids would enjoy so might end up going there next year, especially if I don't end up going anywhere this year. Normally we just do cheap self-catering but I think the one in Rhodes will be a better idea as I'll have a baby to look after so the older two will need something to keep them occupied/happy more than just a pool lol.

We are going to zakynthos. Beautiful island, the hotel looks very child friendly and has a kids pool with couple of slides. We don't normally do all inclusive but we need to feed our daughter when it suits her not us. We done the water park last time but our daughter is too young to enjoy it this time so think we will skip it.

Oh fab, I love it there.

We stayed in Alykanas the first year and the apartments were self catering but they had a small splash park with three larger slides aimed at 5-12yr olds) which the kids loved (they were 6 & 9 then).
Last year we stayed in Alikes which is the next bit over and that just had one small-ish pool but it was fine, we were only there a week and we went horse riding one day.

I used bottled water and boiled it when I went to Fuerteventura. I got those very large jug ones for the room from the shop on the complex. Luckily we had an apartment with a kitchen with all the facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back