Water and brown sugar

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
....my friend is giving it to her baby to help with her wind! I read an article while I was pregnant about this but cant seem to find it anymore. But it was saying it was really bad for babies and can contribute to childhood obesity. Has anyone else given their babies this or heard of people suggesting it? I would never push info on other parents but I wanted her to read the article. Surely giving sugar to a baby is harmful? Her baby isnt even a week old.

S
xx

My HV suggested this for constipation. Says it does no harm. As it happens he didn't like it anyway so only got a mouthful x

I wouldnt use it for wind but have been recommended by the HV for constipation x

Ive heard of using cooled boiled water for constipation but with sugar?!

A small amount of sugar is used for constipation as long as it isn't used all the time however if her baby is only a week old I really wouldn't recommend it!!!! Cool boiled water is used for wind or hiccups but again not until about 3/4 weeks!!!! Xx

I've used fennel for Sophie's trapped wind/colic before. It seems to work well and soothe her belly. For constipation she gets a couple of sips of water but not a large amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back