Washing your baby clothes

MarchPumpkin

Reaction score
I was just wondering if everyone is washing all their baby clothes eg. Sleepsuits and vests before they are used?
Wasn't too sure if you had too or if it was just personal preference? X

I am going to so that all his things smell of us xx I would say its best too as you can be sure they have nothing on that could harm/irritate baby xx

I didn't know about doing this until I saw other people on here were doing it, so I have but haven't ironed them or anything like that!! I was also given some bits by friends so just did the whole lot as they said they had been stored in the loft and might be a bit dusty.

I have washed and ironed all of Pip's clothes up until 6months :)

It's personal preference but as Andrea says I want it all smellin of us and soft and cosy. I have second hand stuff too and wanted it all to be washed and ironed ready for him.

I have ironed literally everything (including socks :blush:) but that's my nesting gone mad. There is no way I will be ironing anything once Pip is here unless it HAS to be ironed.

I wash everything new before I wear it, have done for about 3yrs since I heard a story about a woman who bought a bra that was made in another country and these tiny little maggots had burrowed into the fabric, and while she was wearing it, they made the way to the warmth of her breasts, burrowed in and she had to have surgery etc. It was horrendous! *shudders*
So since then, anything I buy new, I wash before I wear it. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

:shock: Oh don't like the sound of that!
Well I've started. Only don't vest and bodysuits for now.
:)

I've washed everything, even his blankets etc :)

I think it's just personal preference. I washed all DS's until he was a few months old, but this time I don't think I will. I might wash the first sleepsuit that she'll wear but probably that's it!

Still got blankets and sheets to do. They r on the hit list for next week!

I used to work in retail and the boxes of stock that came in from far eastern countries (where a LOT of uk clothes are made) used to smell really weird and were usually wrapped in lots of plastic that was such strong smelling. I used to worry about the poor people from the factories breathing in all the fumes!
Definitely best to wash everything.

I've washed and ironed everything, both new and what I have been given, want it to be nice and fresh for LO when he arrives. x

I wash everything new before I wear it, have done for about 3yrs since I heard a story about a woman who bought a bra that was made in another country and these tiny little maggots had burrowed into the fabric, and while she was wearing it, they made the way to the warmth of her breasts, burrowed in and she had to have surgery etc. It was horrendous! *shudders*

Yuck!! That must have been horrendous!!

I usually wash everything first but purely because I had a Saturday job when I was young and saw how dirty the stock rooms were.

That's really disturbing, poor woman.

Makes me think I'll boil wash everything! Xx

Lol yeah it was pretty scary to read! Freaked me out so much I was itching for days! Lol. X

I've washed everything. Mostly for sensitive skin. My dad and FIL both have probs with wearing shirts etc straight from the packets as the get rashes, and the sat LO's skins ate extremely sensitive. Plus I guess a lit more stuff is made abroad these days and you just don't know what chemicals are on things, or who's hands have flicked through the rails.

Xxx

Goodness I can remeber the e-mail being sent to be at work... i am not that squimish at all but that made me shudder so much!! Still does!! Ever since I have washed everything new too... hubby thinks I am mad! x

The picture that went round with the maggot thing wasn't real... It was photoshopped .. Even tho I knew it was fake tho it still made me itch for days lol and does now when I think about it...

I'm washing everything tho.. Just in the process of getting through everything now ....x

I know the picture was a fake, it even looked fake! But I don't trust clothes coming in from foreign countries. I'd rather wash them just in case :) x

I've been wondering how many people use napisan in with their wash when they wash baby clothes? I've heard it is great as it's antibacterial and means you dont have to wash at a 60 degree wash. Not sure whether its good for newborns though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back