Washing Powder/Fabric Conditioner

Emmalina

Reaction score
So I have lots of clothes for little one so far and want to give them a wash and put them all away but as this is my first baby I dont have a clue what I am doing! Should I be buying 'baby friendly' ones washing powder/conditioner? and how do I know which ones to get?

xxx

Last edited:
I usually use daz and Lenor but for baby's new clothes I've washe then in fairy powder and the white fabric conditioner, just to make sure they aren't too strong. I didn't realise daz was bio, I've always used it but for baby's bits I've used non bio. It to say tho, I defo prefer my Lenor extra strong strawberry and lily :) haha x

Always non-bio and you can't beat the smell and softness of fairy. Thats what I have used on my lo clothes and blankets. I used both liquid and fabric softener.

I only use Fairy non bio washing powder (I actually use the gel or capsules as they are normally on special) and I use either the Fairy or Comfort for babies fabric softener

xxxxxxx

To start with I used fairy non bio to wash all baby clothes. But I preferred my bold and lenor. So when baby was here and a few weeks old I washed a couple of her things in the normal washing liquid. Then when I put her in those clothes I checked she didn't come up in a rash etc. when she didn't come up in a rash I just started washing her stuff with ours as normal.

Made life easier for us anyway.

Always use non bio iv changed to using fairy for all the washing as figured if normal wash powder no good and I want us to cuddle little one then my clothes ought to be the same else it might give him/her skin irritation.when comes into contact x

We use Fairy on ourselves and used to on Cs clothes but he has really sensitive skin so we have started using Surecare. We will switch back to Fairy when I am confident that his skin doesn't react Xx

Am I the only one who doesn't like the smell of fairy? Lol x it's either that or the comfort fabric softener.... :/ it's worth it tho cuz babies skin is so sensitive so even for the first few months it's eat to stick to it, I still wash all our clothes in daz and Lenor tho haha x

I was googling this and apparently we are the only country that does the non bio thing. I'm not convinced non bio gets stuff as clean, so tempted to try the bio (I think Emma's diary even says its safe)

We're sticking with our usual washing powder/softener so Surf or Tesco's own on the odd occasion we can get there (only £1 for 22 washes & it's fab & smells lush too) & Lenor fabric conditioner x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back