Washing LOs hair..

ERIN84

Reaction score
How often do you do it? E hates having her hair washed so it's s real challenge :-(

I'm doing it nearly every night as I'm trying to establish a night routine (bath, bottle, bed). Angel absolutely hated her hair being washed at first now she loves it. How do u do it hun? Do you just hold her over the sink and wet her hair down? I put Angel in her bath seat and tip the water onto her head, little dribbles at a time using a jug. I usually use my other hand to distract her with the rubber duckies! And while I wash her hair I dont rush it cuz I found it made her more upset but I just talk to her and coo at her while I'm doing it so she associates it with happy things. I just wash it off using the jug again. xx.

we do it every night with j and try and keep it as fun as possible as he hates it... we talk to him whilst its going on but he hates the water on his face whilst washing shampoo off... so we do it quickly and tell him how clever and good he is. we then pass him the jjug and let him play with and let him put it on mummy and dadds head if he wants!!! hes getting better!!!!!!!1

I do Tegans 3 times a week or if she gets food in it! i would do it more but she's got a dry scalp & don't want to make it worse. she also hates having it done she ends up trying to climb out the bath! xx

Have you tried one of those shield thingys. It stops the water going onto their face. My eldest was a nightmare with the hair. Its best to get them used to it though, its not exactly avoidable, she will eventually get used to it.

:)

morgan doesnt mind but I only do it once a week or if he rubs his tea in it :roll: starting to feel like a bda mum now for not doing it more often!!

I use one of those eye shield jugs and he tips his head back for me. Often I just wet his hair using a flannel and rubbing it down IYSWIM. He wouldnt be too impressed if I tried to lie him down in the water! to be honest, he just carries on playing with his toys then I say 'head up' and he tips it back for me to rince 3 times and its done.

G has a bath every day as a routine, but we don't really wash his hair even though his head gets wet. I can't see much point - he still has hardly any hair bless him :) we use shampoo about once in two weeks...

I do it every few days although he has a bath everyday as part of his routine. Il use to water to wet his hair ( it's gone johnsons bath stuff in) but don't use the actual hair wash for a few ds

We bathe LO every 2 nights and always wash his hair when we bath him x

I just use a baby sponge & some of the bubbles from the bath to do LO's he doesn't bother, just lies there, you can kinda squeeze the sponge the water drips off but dosen't go in eyes

:)

C hates it! He has a bath every other night, and I shampoo his hair every other bath time, unless it's dirty, obviously it gets washed if it needs it! I've tried one of those shields but it doesn't stay on for more than a second, and I've got one of those jugs with the rubber side but he won't hear of that either!

We aim to wash avas hair every other day unless she rubs food in it :roll:

We use a normal jug although its so mini its not worth using in the kitchen :lol: we leave Ava to play with it until we do her hair which we talk her through and when I do the shampoo we do the rub a dub dub routine and she helps. She gets soap on her hands and knows the only way off is water so she is comfortable with what happens although she doesn't always make it easy.

To make her tip her head we get her to look at the lights and if all else fails we have a dry towel ready. :oooo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back