Washing baby clothes

Katied1

Reaction score
Is this best to do before LO arrives? I know I wear new clothes before I've washed then but thinking baby might be different? X

There are certain chemicals in new clothes so best to give a quick wash! Its a fun job!

I've just started washing a few bits yesterday x

I've washed everything, newborn skin is very sensitive. Don't use softener and use non bio powder. I use an ecoegg as it's chemical free. X

Ah ok not sure if mine is non bio I use surf ill have to check x

I have to use it for myself anyway, horribly allergic to bio washing powder! X

I use fairy and comfort fabric softener that came in my free packs x yes washing everything bibs socks mitts the lot xx

I use comfort anyway but I just read not to use fabric softener? X

I use comfort anyway but I just read not to use fabric softener? X

Up to you I guess, I was advised not to, and it affects absorbency so muslins, reusable wipes, nappies etc shouldn't be washed in it.
I'm almost about keeping things 'natural' esp for baby's skin. I know some people love the smells of softener, just use the sensitive one if you do use it (i would advise) xx

Yes I washed all the babies bits including towels, sheets, blankets and soft toys!

Thanks ladies! I think I'm a bit dubious as I don't want to ruin any of his cutie pie clothes lol x

Comfort pure helps the cloths stop bobbling and tangling use Persil non bio or fairy they smell gorg :D x

Finished all mind last week and all the little vests hanging on the line just looked toooo cute!

Yup I washed everything inc cot n Moses basket bedding towels washable toys etc. I used fairy non bio for it all and only used comfort softner in addition on the towels xx

I've done all mine now. Even took all Moses apart and washed all that too and all his blankets etc. I'm defiantly going to be bored when my maternity starts!

I washed all our baby stuff before she arrived....loved folding it all up in the drawers :) but I soon stopped washing everything before she wore it when the baby presents kept piling in lol or I would have never kept up! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back