Washing baby clothes

Sorry mayb stupid question, but can u not use fabric softener on babys stuff? I have loads of the white comfort & fairy softener, is it not ok? X

Ah god I love it, especially the gold lenor one!

Il have a washing day then next week and wash all her bits together :) x

And yeah u can use fabric softner huni, just the white fairy or something similar.

Shame I can't use the "strawberry and lily kiss" it smells amazing! Xxx

With DS I washed everything (I'm allergic to ironing too tho ;) )

I have to admit with this bubba I've washed.....nothing :oooo: and reading this thread has made me feel a bit bad now lol all her stuff is still in wrappers or with tags on.

My advice - do it early coz I'm now gonna do it today (4 days before induction) and I rreeeealllyyyy don't want to! I want to watch TV and eat cream cakes all day :(

Xxx

I washed a few bits I was given, and a few pairs of tights, but all her baby clothes are still with tags on. Then I just picked a few outfits and packed them :/
I haaaaaaate ironing and live for my tumble dryer, but with some of the baby bits I don't want them to shrink or go funny so il have to dry them on the airer and get the dreaded iron out. Ah man! X

Just thought as well, with boys bits iv been able to get away with the ironing but all the pretty girl dresses etc are gonna have to be ironed. Noooooooo! X

Urhhhhhh don't! Lol x I really hate ironing. Hopey cute baby dresses will be much more fun than work uinforms haha x

I dont iron either! I may have a little go with all his new cute outfits after I have washed them though. Doubt I will ever do it again but they are just too cute :)

I don't do ironing at all, maybe ill ask my MIL to do it on any visits!! Not waging baby clothes until nearer the time, I have an exam when I'm 33 weeks, ill get that out of the way and then focus only on baby stuff!!!

I was leaving this to closer to time thinking they would be fresher but suppose it doesnt really matter. Theres quite alot to do when u think of all blankets, sheets etc. Might also do my own hosp stuff for all those first cuddles.

Good point on doing it when ur still fit & able, i may make a start next week. Was worried about leaving myself wiv nothing to do near due date, esp if i go over but suppose theres always cleaning & nesting. Oh the fun!! lol x

I got liquid fairy and the powder one but I find with powder washing comes out too rough. I ironed the muslin squares and his first suits but that's it cba doing all the clothes I have got I fold them up and put them in the wardrobe. Softener is not recommended as their skin can be still give a reaction to it.

I specifically bought a dryer so I won't have to iron baby things!! Lol atleast then they won't be all crumpled lol xx

Tapatalking. X

I specifically bought a dryer so I won't have to iron baby things!! Lol atleast then they won't be all crumpled lol xx

Tapatalking. X

That's my normal trick but scared to put newborn stuff in incase it shrinks!

I did all his little sleep suits yesterday. Glad I've stared now as I drawer was one load, when I think of all the bibs, socks, outfits, blankets and bedding I think it will take longer than I thought.

I have just done the muslin squares, sheets and new towels. I used fairy non bio and fairy fabric softener. The room smells lush so does the washing. There was loads of fluff and cotton that came off the new stuff so needs a wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back