Washing baby clothes

Vicm

Reaction score
Have you all started them yet? Ive bought some Fairy Non-Bio ready but I dont want to wash them all too early and have to do them again, but I am just so excited to wash and iron all his minature things. Shall I make a start? Maybe with his blankets or something?

Also you know the moses basket..do you take everything off it and wash it, or just do the fitted sheet and little quilt?

I started washing baby clothes a couple of weeks ago and I'm only 28 weeks now! I've put them all away in her drawers so they aren't going to get dirty. The way I looked at it was I'd rather be prepared whilst I still have the energy instead of waiting until I'm knackered later on. I'm glad I've made a start because I can already feel the third tri tiredness creeping in lol and also the weather has turned yucky here and who knows when the sun is going to come back out!

As for the Moses basket, I've taken everything off and washed it but mine has been stored in the loft since ds used it so I was worried it might be a bit dusty. Having said that I think I washed it all last time round with ds when it was brand new too xxx

Mine have all een washed and folded away for month now! Every time i open his draws his clothes and blabkets still smell amazing with fairy :)
I wanted it all done and out the way ready xx

In that case I will get cracking :) Dont feel quite so crazy knowing I am not the only one. I have my baby shower in 3 weeks so will probably get more then too. Cant actually believe I can get excited about washing clothes! Ive already rearranged his drawers about 5 times.

Most of the clothes i had from baby shower was on hangers an 3-6montjs. So ive not washed these yet but they are hung up. Im keeping tags in cos ive got sooooo many clothes i may not get around to him wearing it so may try an exchange or sell on ebay.

But sheets are washed and folded ready for when he gets home from hosp and make his crib up :) i dnt wanna do it before incase it gets dusty lol xx

Mine are all still in the loft!! Need to get DH to go up soon. Gotta start rearranging/clearing some space in DDs room so there's space to put stuff.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I washed all mine because I was doing a trial for Ecoegg so got paid to do 4 washes a day for 2 weeks! £75, nice.
I'm certainly not ironing them!! I don't do ironing, seems even more pointless on children's clothes as it'll crease or be puked on immediately!
Maybe I'm lazy but life's too short

I washed all baby's clothes a couple of weeks ago and they are having in her wardrobe ready to go :) I moved house last week though so it made me seem a tad more organised and not so stressed lol xx

Should u wash everything? I didn't with my little boy, and have packed new items for when we bring her home and I haven't washed those? Do u think I should? X

I think people do. I'm sure it's a necessity, but I guess newborn skin is pretty sensitive.
Can't recommend the ecoegg enough - no need for washing powder ever again!

I washed all mine because I was doing a trial for Ecoegg so got paid to do 4 washes a day for 2 weeks! £75, nice.
I'm certainly not ironing them!! I don't do ironing, seems even more pointless on children's clothes as it'll crease or be puked on immediately!
Maybe I'm lazy but life's too short

A girl after my own heart - I despise ironing! If I can get away with not ironing it I will and I rarely bother with baby stuff! Xxx

Should u wash everything? I didn't with my little boy, and have packed new items for when we bring her home and I haven't washed those? Do u think I should? X

I think you are supposed to, something to do with the dyes or chemicals used in manufacture as babies have such sensitive skin. Not sure how important it is though, I've done everything just to be on the safe side but my son has eczema so I tend to be over cautious about these things xxx

Have you tried the ecoegg ammdaz? Good for eczema as hypoallergenic etc. My sil uses for her son. And cheeky wipes (washable wipes) makes all the difference apparently xx

I have washed two things, I need to start the rest this weekend

Have you tried the ecoegg ammdaz? Good for eczema as hypoallergenic etc. My sil uses for her son. And cheeky wipes (washable wipes) makes all the difference apparently xx

No I haven't but I keep meaning to look into it after reading your posts about it. I do actually have some cheeky wipes from when DS was small, I must admit I never really got into the habit of using them last time but I'd like to give them another go with this little one xxx

Ooh will get some fairy tomorrow then :)

Don't think my extra smelly fabric softner will be much good either, love strong smelling washing but probs not best for baba x

i hate softener, I'm allergic to things myself and I hate the strong smells!! :)

Have you all washed everythingg or just things that come into close contact with the skin like vests, babygrows and blankets?? Xx

I've washed everything. But I got a lot of second hand stuff so was going to wash that anyway. X

I've washed everything! All the new and second hand clothes, muslins, blankets, bedding, towels, socks hats and mittens etc lol

I wish could use comfort fabric softener thou! I love the smell of the yellow sunshiny days one! Gutted cant use it on baby things xxx

Tapatalking. X

And don't forget to use non-bio on your own clothes because when you cuddle baby the fabric will be touching their skin!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back