Washing baby clothes / bedding

lottie89

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good detergent / fabric softner to use for cleaning baby clothes and bedding please? :)

In use two kinds (depending on deals)
Percil non bio or tesco loves baby non bio. I also use tesco loves baby conditioner or comfort pure

I love fairy non bio for when they are newborn :) x

As long as it is Non-Bio and fragrance free they're all pretty much the same from cheaper brands to higher end. Most supermarket branded ones are actually made in the same factory as the higher end brands.

Non bio as it doesn't have any enzymes to irritate delicate skin :)

I mix it up abit, get whatever is on offer at the time x

awesome, I'll keep an eye out on deals over the next few weeks then :D Thanks ladies xx

I mix it up... Literally. I buy the huge bottles of percil
Small And mighty then pour smaller bottles of whatever into it so I have the big bottle
- same with the conditioner

Aldi has some of their mamia non bio baby brand in their last baby event. Not sure of they r re stocking again Thurs when event is back on.
It smells gorgeous though and less than half the price of fairy!
So i bought a few of them.

But asda had a huge box of fairy powder on offer so also grabbed that lol..
Hoping thatll do me for a little while and its all about 200 washes with what ive bought :shock: LOL!!! But i tend to always add an extra scoop or cup of liquid im terrible! X

I use Surcare non-bio, one for sensitive skin/eczema (since partner and I both have eczema, and I'm sure LO will probably inherit it!) It has no scent though, but I don't know if that's an important factor for you! ;)

Last edited:
I use Surcare non-bio, one for sensitive skin/eczema (since partner and I both have eczema, and I'm sure LO will probably inherit it!) It has no scent though, but I don't know if that's an important factor for you! ;)

Hmm..wonder if I should look into that. I have Psoriasis which runs in my family

Fairy non bio powder & fairy conditioner or comfort pure. I have always used these on my own sensitive skin (to the point I have to take a pillowcase washed in fairy if I go to hotel etc or I wake up with a rash on my face!) and my babies & not had any problems x

I use Ecoleaf & no softener (can't use softener with wraps or cloth nappies so stopped using it altogether 9 yrs ago lol).

You are not meant to use non bio anymore. It's changed. Apparently if you use non bio then the babies will be allergic to the normal one later in life. I used normal washing powder with my daughter and have had no problems xx

I think thats rubbish tbh. I know plenty people who used mon bio until their kids were 7/8 and they're fine with It.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back