Washing a new born baby

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Nikki2003, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Nikki2003

Nikki2003 Well-Known Member

Hi I won't be having my baby 'til like the end of January but was wondering how d oyou wash your newborn baby when the umbilocole cords still on the babys belly button? WOuld you bath them like you would normally but try not to get it wet?

2. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Hi,

I wondered the same as you, the midwife bathed Amy for the first time as i watched her. you put the baby's head in the v of your arms once its bent, so your elbow is in the water and bath it wth the other hand.

peolpe get shown different ways but thats how i got shown, OR just lie your baby in the baby bath and support its head up with one hand and bathe with the other.

its easy when you get used to it.

3. Nikki2003

Oh ok thanks a lot...my mom was telling me the other day and I was thinking what? But yeha like you said I'll get used to it after doing it.

4. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

you find your own way of doing it, believe me it wont be the only thing your mother will try and "advise" you on, they are actually telling you how they want you to do it!!!!!!

let it all go in one ear and out the other but just pretend to take notice! :lol:

:D :D :D :D

5. Nikki2003

lol yeah....I need to get some maternity clothes....at first thought I'd wait 'til my stomach got bigger but seriously because of my stomach alreadys a bit bigger then it was before I got pregnant none of my clothes fit me like at all....I went to Kmart the other day and got 2 t shirts from guys department so they'd be a lil bigger and longer those Penn State t shirts and also got 2
    t shirts from fashion bug but I seriously think that I should just buy maternity clothes now....my moms coming back from Ohio this weekend so maybe I'll ask her to go with me b/c I hate picking out clothes and would be easier getting some input as to what to buy....I know that I want some long dresses, some shirts, and some pants....think that's all I need but who knows I'll have a better idea what I want to buy once I'm actually shopping.....but thing is I don't get paid 'til next week so I'm hoping she'll let me borrow some money 'til Iget paid and the nshe can just cash the check I give her...I hate borrowing money but it's my mom and she said before she wanted to take me shopping to buy maternity clothes so I don't think she'd care too much....

6. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

i cant wear jeans at the moment because they are so uncomfortable and tight so i am living in jogging bottoms for comfort.
    i found when i was pregnant with Amy that maternity wear didn't fit me until i had a proper bump, the stomachs on them were too big!! so again i lived in jogging pants.

Where do you come from?

Parents are meant to be banks!! thats their purpose in life!!! Lol
    :lol:

speak soon

7. Nikki2003

I'm so excited, my older sister asked if I want to go shopping for some maternity clothes....and then I'll just pay her back when I get paid....(sorry girls to keep blabbering but I'm just so excited)!.....hope I fidn some nice stuff talk to you girls later.

8. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

where abouts do you live Niki?

9. Nikki2003

I can't answer that.....sorry but I don't think it's safe nor necessary to let people you talk to online know where you live!

10. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

ok thats fine, i was just wondering if the maternity clothes are different near you or whether you have the same boring black pants and shirts like us!!

no worries

11. Nikki2003

You can get black pants, khaki pants, capris like in blue, red, patterns, the yhave plain shirts long sleeves, short sleeves, designs, tehre's' a couple tha tare t shirts tha tsay stuf like BABY ON BOARD (AND THERE'S A LIL BABY ON A SURF BOARD) just stuff like that...they're alright I guess! Got them at Kmart, want to go to Gabriel Brothes, Walmart, and JcPenneys too.

12. Nikki2003

You can get black pants, khaki pants, capris like in blue, red, patterns, they have plain shirts long sleeves, short sleeves, designs, there's' a couple that are t shirts that say stuff like BABY ON BOARD (AND THERE'S A LIL BABY ON A SURF BOARD) just stuff like that...they're alright I guess! Got them at Kmart, want to go to Gabriel Brothes, Walmart, and JcPenneys too.