Washable Nappies...use straight away?

TashaWink

Reaction score
Just wondering is it best to start using washables straight away or wait until i'm home and settled? I think i would prefer to start using them straight away so then theres no change over and its just whats "normal" for us.

if you started using them straight away how many did you take with you to the hospital?

Tasha

ive seen a few ppl say they used disposables for the first month but i cant see any real reson you couldnt use them straight away if you wanted to unless you cant get any the right size

others will be more experienced than me on here so could offer you better advice on reusables... but i would say that at the start every nappy was a dirty nappy so i think you would go through loads... thats why i waited for a while before starting to use them but i'm quite lazy!

I used them straight away. I took 5 in with me as i didnt expect to be in long ended up needing my mum to bring more in for me as i had to stay in 3 days.

I want to use cloth nappys but still haven't started, we went through 10 nappys a day the first few weeks and nearly all were dirty there's no way I could have kept up with the washing! We're on about 6-7 now so think that's more do-able so plan to start soon. Just to add the first few meconium nappys might be worth using disposables for as I've heard the stains just don't wash out good luck x

I was planning to use disposables for first few days as a friend of mine said she found them better until the cord healed as it stuck to the reusables

I am umming and arring about this one because I have birth to potty ones that I didn't use with my first two at the start because they (as in babies!) weren't that big. But if my third is bigger then I will. Or should I just go and buy some newborn ones (which some babies grow out of so quickly). It's a dilemma.

I originally wanted to start with reusables, but having spoken with others decided to go with disposables to start with, and I'm glad that I am. Everything is so new to start with, I am taking quite a while to recover from the birth and I am so exhausted, I really couldn't cope with the extra washing load. I am getting through so many nappies and changes of clothes right now. The disposable nappies sit below the cord stump also which is good. I'm going to stick with disposables for another week or so before starting with the cloth nappies.

I also did disposables for the first few months before switching. Just because I didn't know much about reusables at that point and wasn't really prepared for the washing etc. Now though I have a couple of really nice wraps so I'm all for it :D

I used disposables for the first few weeks. the black tar poo would never have washed out and I didn't want any undue pressure on his cord stump. but as asoon as that had falled off and I was less of a zombie we went to reusables. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back