Was your 'sweep' successful?

lulu

Reaction score
Hope I've posted this right? never posted a poll before :?

Mine is at 2.30 tomorrow so I'll post a yes or no within 48 hours of that I suppose.

*fingers crossed*

mine is 15 mins before yours!!! :lol:

It will be interesting to see if it works for either of us and when!!! :wink:

Lulu

Fraid mine didnt work :0( But he said I was'nt ready to be induced either. So guess that might have something to do with it.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxx

Yes the midwife said at the hospital that if they are done too early they are less likely to work!

Hopefully as Im now 9 days overdue it will work for me!!!!

Keeping everything crossed!!! :lol:

Good luck ladies!!

I was 10 days over with Amy, and i was 1cm dilated when they did the sweep.
Anyway my consultant came in to check my blood pressure and it was quite high like it had usually been, so he decided to induce me the day after anyway, so when i had my pessary the following morning it kicked in straight away and they told me i would have gone into labour on my own if they hadn't have done it as the pessary took effect so quick, it just triggered the labour to start.

So in a way my sweep did work and it didn't :D

Just got back from having my sweep!

Im not dilated and my cervix is still quite long - Im booked in to be induced on friday.

It may happen before but midwife said its probably not going to happen tonight!!! :cry:

I just got back too.

Apparently I'm already 2-3 cms dilated, my midwife said it would have been really easy for her to break my waters!!

I'm getting loads of braxtons since I had it aswell, and just hope it means I'm getting somewhere.

I'm booked in for induction on the 8th, when I'll be 10 days over. The good news is that even if I get as far as being induced (my midwife says I won't) I won't need the pessary as my cervix is already ripe, they would just need to break my waters so my labour would be shorter than last time (which was 24 hours)

As far as the actual sweep... I was amazed how "easy" it was It didn't hurt at all, I was expecting major discomfort but it was fine. I know this is probably because I was so soft/dilated, but phew... I was expecting pain!

Sorry to hear that Lulu, there's still time though :)

Urchin- hooray! Sounds good hun. Fingers crossed that you're on your way!

+++

My mom told me that she had a sweep with me and went into labour before she'd even left hospital!
She didn't tell them though, and went home to labour for a bit before going back in!

Lulu, don't worry hun, at least you know the end is in sight!!! Baby must just be super comfy in there Lol :lol:

Urchin, Good luck with the next couple of days, you never know you could be posting on the new arrival section in the morning!!

Good luck to both of you ladies and let us know of any changes!

:D :D

Im so frustrated!!! 9 days over and still not ready :cry:

I really want something to happen before friday but I know its not going to happen!

it is frustrating hun, i went 10 days over and they only induced me then cos of high blood pressure, they would have left me the 14 days if everything was ok!!

They like to leave you as long as possible as they don't like induction apparently, but when you have waited 40 weeks and still have the extra 2 weeks on top you don't really care how it comes out!!

Keep smiling!!
:D

Nope..... didnt work for me!!!! even when I was in labour and they did it again :cry:

You are doing well lulu.

just days after having baby Jack you are back on line. lol dedicated. :lol:

Fraid the sweep has done nothing for me either. Had it done on monday and midwife said it was all soft, about 2cms already and that it would be starting within 48 hrs, well here i am on friday and still nothing. She even said she could feel the bubbas head and that not much hair was there. Freaky eh????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back