Warts and Pregnancy

Tigeress

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

As you can see this thread isn't the most uplifting thing I've wrote on the forum and I've kept it a secret. (Obv not from my partner and doctors)
Before I found out I was pregnant I was having frozen treatment. But when I found out I was pregnant I stopped as I read it was dangerous for the baby. I'm now 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant and they have grown and they are causing me so much pain and discomfort. They bleed, and when they flare up I can't move. I spend my days crying as I'm in pain. The warts are not on my front but are on my anal area and surrounding. I went to the doctor this morning and she has issued me a sick note for two weeks. (I currently don't work). She also gave me some thrush cream which she said won't get rid of them but if kept in the fridge will soothe and keep the area clean. I have constant showers and baths. Trying to have a dump or at least enjoy that release is agony for me. I don't know how much more I can take with it. These little fu+kers are ruining my life. I can't walk for a long period of time as the area gets heated and flares up or if I start my day with a poo I know I'm going to be in for a nightmare day. Anyway, my question is...

Has anyone had frozen treatment whilst pregnant or know anyone that has?
Are there any home rememdies I can try? (I have tried bath salts)
I have no job and she signed me off for two weeks, I asked if they are still there can I come back? She said yes? Do I claim esa?

I understand its a embarrassing topic and if people would rather message me I won't ever say names. I'm just at the end of my teather now.
Thanks ladies once again
Xxx

Hi, I had these years ago round my foof entrance and they went away aafter one freeze treatment and using a cream after. However when I was pregnant last time they came back and were really itchy. I went to the gp who referred me to the gu clininc and they treated me weekly with the freezing and said it was safe. Like you it didn't make them go away but they said it'd stop them getting bigger. After I gave birth they went away on their own. A few weeks ago I noticed they'd come back and as yet I haven't done anything as the gu clinic appointments clash with either work or the fact I'd have to take my toddler along. I'm tempted to use a home treatment to keep it at bay but worst case scenario I know they'll calm down after. HHaven't been itchy this time though but if I were you I'd get them frozen. X

I haven't got any experience of warts other than the ones you get on your toes. But I have read in my books that they flare up real bad in pregnancy but tend to bugger off after baby is here. I can't see why the freeze treatments would be harmful to baby? Espesh if they are on your behind and not in or around the vagina. Have you requested the doctors treat them? Xxxx

Hi, I had these years ago round my foof entrance and they went away aafter one freeze treatment and using a cream after. However when I was pregnant last time they came back and were really itchy. I went to the gp who referred me to the gu clininc and they treated me weekly with the freezing and said it was safe. Like you it didn't make them go away but they said it'd stop them getting bigger. After I gave birth they went away on their own. A few weeks ago I noticed they'd come back and as yet I haven't done anything as the gu clinic appointments clash with either work or the fact I'd have to take my toddler along. I'm tempted to use a home treatment to keep it at bay but worst case scenario I know they'll calm down after. HHaven't been itchy this time though but if I were you I'd get them frozen. X

Thank you hun, I got told by the doc that the treatment s harmful to the baby, so by stopping treatment in the last few months they have gotten to the point of one of the most severe cases, "docs words" I am going to go to the clinic and have them have a look and see what they say. Because it's quite clear they can be treated and I've been made to suffer due to docs lack of knowledge xx

I haven't got any experience of warts other than the ones you get on your toes. But I have read in my books that they flare up real bad in pregnancy but tend to bugger off after baby is here. I can't see why the freeze treatments would be harmful to baby? Espesh if they are on your behind and not in or around the vagina. Have you requested the doctors treat them? Xxxx

Yes hun she just said I have to wait until baby is born and have them surgically removed (as its so bad) I have got so many of them now that I don't think they will go on their own, stupid doc. Xxx

I'm no doctor or anything, but I imagine that you're feeling an extra flare up due to extra blood and circulation in the surrounding area caused by pregnancy. My own mother had the same problem when pregnant with my sister, and I remember it flaring up because of the extra blood flow. She went to a special clinic as well and got them frozen to keep them down for a bit.

Hope you find something that helps, you poor thing <3 sending digital love your direction !

Oh you poor love. I tend to grow things on me in pregnancy too. In my last I grew skin tags everywhere, Seborrheic Keratoses and a Fibroedanoma which sealed the coffin on breast feeding.

I think you have to weigh up risks against your quality of life and if it is a freeze treatment, I'd be tempted to ask the GP exactly what the risk is so that you are able to make an informed choice. I'd be tempted to see another GP for help if you have hit a brick wall or perhaps go straight to your local GUM clinic for help as speciality Drs are sometimes much better placed to advise.

Aww sweetie it sounds so miserable for you. My gp last time referred me to the gu clinic, don't recall if they even had a look at the Dr's but the clinic seemed fairly used to treating pregnant people! X

Thank you girls, I'm defo gonna look more into it as the gp just said no straight away. But it seems it does happen so not sure if she is just being safe or if she genuinely thinks it's a risk. Who knows, but at my next appointment I'm defo going to ask. It's so painful!! Xxx

This could aggravate it but menthol Aqueous cream? It cools rashes it's quite powerful stuff and tingles. Test a patch first but I swear by this stuff but this is purely non medical advice.

Good luck x

Thanks hun anything is worth a go to be honest. It's got so bad that I swear ima cut them off sometimes.. I won't.. but that's how bad it is. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back