Warning - dont wear slipper socks

lisa31

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Sorry Ive not replied to my messages I though I would put a quick post on here to say why I've not been online - On Friday night I fell down the stairs, It was very frightning and got rushed to hospital. Fell right from the top right down to the bottom. My arms instinctlively went to my belly and so consequently I landed on my Cocycx -so I am in absolute agony.

They monitered the baby all night and during the next day and in general were great - everything seems ok and I had a scan on Monday too which seems to show everything ok. I'm still really worried though as she doesnt seem as active, but I dont know if that is because what happened is playing on my mind - and I am "looking out" for every single movement.

I have spent the last 5 days in absolute pain I have never felt before which is not helped by a big bump up front! I cant sit on my bum, so I can only lie or sit on my side which is causing my sides to bruise and be sore. Am installing a single bed in the living room tommorrow as it is hard to get upstairs and I am up all night. Its just constant pain. :x

Has anyone else suffered a fall. This makes my earliers posts of going loo all the time seem like nothing!

But please please all of you dont wear those socks with the grips on the bottom - they dont work.

I will try to reply to my other messages tommorow as I cant sit at the desk for long at all.

L x

Oh no Lisa that's terrible I'm so sorry.

I'm glad you posted this as I wear them all the time, I even laboured in them, but I will be a lot more careful now, expecially when carrying Rubie downstairs.

I hope you feel better really soon ((big hug))

Oh Hun!!

BIG HUGS!!!

I really hope you start to feel better very soon - I fell down the stairs at the beginning of the year (not pregnant, drunk!!) from top to bottom like you - I had terrible bruising to my thigh which resulted in trips to the doctors as they were worried about internal bleeding etc as the bruise was so big. I was in agony for weeks too - I couldn't do anything and felt so terrible. I have now been left with a really lumpy area on my leg which they have said is scar tissue......nice!!

I really feel for you honey, keep your chin up, your slipper socks off and get well soon.

Lots of love

Oh hun you poor thing!!

I haven't fallen on the stairs but when I was 31 weeks pregnant I fell out of the bath onot the side so I know what a worry it is! Allbeit mine wasn't anywhere near as bad as your fall.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie xx

OUCH!!!! hope you're ok lisa, and that you're back to normal soon! must have been very scary for you!

You poor thing, must have been such a worry for you, Glad baby is ok and hope you recover soon.

Steph

Ouch!

I really feel for you as I've had a sore coccyx since about 12 weeks and I haven't been able to sit down without a special cushion for months!

I know where you are coming from. I have to lay on the sofa on my side instead of sitting as well and the chairs in the doctors surgery are absolute murder! :cry:

I am with you on this one babe. I am going to avoid wearing all socks from now on!

with my first pregnancy i fell from the top to the bottom just got my council house and the stairs were faulty and moved when u stood on them which i didnt notice till i fell lucky my daughter was fine shes now 4

Aww poor you....glad baby is ok.
plenty of rest for you. Its a huge fear of mine, will be so scared carrying baby up and down.

So sorry to hear that Lisa, thats awful. Well you take it easy now and hope everything is ok,l myself have had the odd near misses but not a fall,...although come to mention it, a few weeks ago l took a little tumble. As silly as this may seem l was playing a game of skittles and lost my balance. Quite embarassing as there was quite a few people around. Although doesn't sound bad compared to your fall. My thoughts are with you, hope you get better soon hun.

Fluffy. xx

Blimey Lisa, that sounds scary. I hope you start feeling better soon hun.

xxxxxxx

Thanks Girls - My friend has lent me her laptop so at least now I can get onto a computer. I'm still having to do everything on my side - sleeping and sitting and its really getting me down - the hospital did say it could be up to a couple of weeks before I could sit / bend down properly.

Its amazing how much you take your bum for granted believe me. And I have to admit I'm feeling very sorry for myself - I'm having to just sit /lie around on my side all day and night and its getting very frustrating having everbody do everything for me - sounds like heaven but after a week of daytime TV I aint laughing anymore!!

Today Im missing my cousins wedding which Im really upset about and the d/h has gone food shopping (personally I think he has gone to get away from my moaning!)

My parentcraft classes start next week so it looks like I will have to just watch as I wont be able to roll around on the floor with the others! :shock:

My physio also starts on 31st Jan - appartanhtly that will help with labour as there is a good chance it will be more painful because of the fall.

Anyway thanks for listening and im sorry to moan on! The good news is the Doc has now signed me off till my maternity leave so it doesnt look like i will be going back to work!!!!!

Hope you all having a good weekend!

L x

I know how you feel i fell down the stairs - because of slipper socks they make them slightly over size and my foot slipped in side the sock and i fell down the stairs i found out a couple of day afterwards that o was 7 weeks preganant and i was terrified i'd hurt the baby.
Fortunatley all i had was some quite impressive bruises!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back