Warm home discount scheme

AugustMum

Reaction score
I applied for the WHD in very early January and it all went through fine. I haven't heard anything since and it apparently is credited to your account between January and March. Well I've had my winter bill so didn't know whether to pay it or wait?

Anyone else eligible for the WHD?

I know a few ppl on my fb have had it credited in the last few weeks but it prob depends on ur supplier xx

You have to be on a benefit and have a child under or be registered disabled with my supplier. I'm with British gas for mine. I might give them a ring next week to see when it's going in. Still haven't had it :(

I looked into this the other day and we're elegible but what happens if your electric and gas are run by meters?

If your on prepayment meters they send you £120 in electricity vouchers. i've applied but not heard anything x

I'm ringing tomorrow to find out when I'll get it credited (always easier to sort things out when Paige isn't around lol). When did you apply Zoe? I know there's a cut off date but not sure when. British gas have stopped accepting them now. Think it was the end of jan. Then from about October or something you can apply again.

Im with edf and there cut off is the end of feb (i think) i applied about a fortnight ago x

Oh that's good. They give people a good amount of time to apply then! Edf is one of the companies that aren't giving it to everyone that applies though so keep an eye out for that. British gas have promised everyone that applied will receive it but other companies have said they way underestimated how many would apply so it's a bit of pot luck which I think it majorly unfair.

That is unfair wouldn't Suprise me if i 'haven't been receiving income support long enough' we'll see what happens x

I rang up British gas today and apparently they have no idea when it's going to be put in my account :wall: they said it could be tomorrow or it could be the end of march. Knowing my luck it'll be the end of march so looks like I'm just going to have to pay the £200 odd bill and the £120 WHD will be towards my next 2 bills.

I had a letter from edf today saying i 'should' be eligible and if i am it'll be credited in spring and they'll write to me nearer the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back